Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wolfgang

Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08

Post by wolfgang » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:24 pm

Here we go, my first Barrios. I picked an "easy" one :roll:

For a bit more power on the basses I tuned the 6th to C# instead D.

The creaking sounds like a gondola, no? But it's only my wooden chair, no money for Venice, currently :lol:

Hope you enjoy it, any comment is appreciated !!

cheers
Wolfgang

PS: This forum and you people are my greatest inspiration for classical guitar! Explicitly I want to thank hav for his interpretations and videos, as well as David Russel :strizzalocchio: and all other great Barrios players as homayoon.

:love:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarods

Post by jarods » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:33 pm

can i get a ticket on your gondola ! very well played , in a rubato way as i like ... it sounds great 8) ; duration 5'07 is up (generally duration 3:15 to 4 minutes) , but for me duration is indifferent [ 4'38 my version ] , cause feeling is really present beginning till the end....
:bravo: for this rendition :love: ... r version , i sincerely delighted :casque:
Last edited by jarods on Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

owl

Post by owl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:38 pm

Beautiful Wolfgang... a little slower than one generally hears, but played with great feeling :flowers:
I very much enjoyed listening to you play :casque:
:merci: for sharing

Joy in the music
Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:34 pm

thanks jarods and owl! I am very happy that you liked it.

I know its a bit on the slow side, but I can't play it faster without sacrificing other aspects of the performance. So I hope speed will come after some time :oops:

Wolfgang

jarods

Post by jarods » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:03 pm

wollfang wrote:..... but I can't play it faster without sacrificing other aspects of the performance. So I hope speed will come after some time :oops:

Wolfgang
exactly :idea: , i agree with you 8) ; julia florida is a beautiful piece indeed :roll:

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:23 pm

:cry:
Why?

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:28 pm

fEZ wrote::cry:
Why?
When I review my current "repertoire" it is strikingly obvious that there are predominantly if not only sad and melancholic melodies. I should pick some funny tunes as well :D

Abd El Ghani AZZI

Post by Abd El Ghani AZZI » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 pm

Do not!

btb

Post by btb » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:03 pm

This is a beautiful interpretation wollfang, lots of feeling and passion. I don't mind it a little slower, heck almost everything I play is slower then tempo :D

fEZ wrote:Do not!
I agree with fEZ! I like the moody/dark stuff best!

Thanks for this.

:bravo:

CPA

Very nice

Post by CPA » Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:06 pm

You do seem to play with feeling .. enjoyed your playing. Just think in times like these you've created a bit of joy and beauty enjoyed by others around the world from Germany, France, Australia to the USA. CNN should take note. Thanks for the moment

wchymeUS

Post by wchymeUS » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:12 am

A bit slow indeed, I feel that it's lacking it's cadence... and yes it's supposed to evoke water :lol:

But I like the your play, sound and there is a spirit in this interpretation.
Great work!

:casque: :casque: :casque:

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 am

Thanks bumpa, CPA and wchymeUS! I am very happy that most of you can find some spirit in my humble interpretation. I feel myself still somehow in the obvious bloody beginners' stage of a classical guitar player, so it takes a lot of time for me to master pieces like Julia Florida. I hope I can refine this Masterpiece :D of Barrios and post an updated recording soon!

:merci:

treack

Post by treack » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:21 pm

It may be slow Wollfang but the tone is beautiful.Speed will come with practice and familiarity, your'e right not to sacrifice those sounds.
Last edited by treack on Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:33 pm

treack wrote:Speed will come with practice and familliarity ...
I hope :wink: Thanks treack for your comment!

dhwebb

Post by dhwebb » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:33 pm

Since I'm new to all this I thought it sounded great. The tempo of the song sounded fine to me and gives it a nice melow feeling. Good job, I'll post my version of this sometime around August of 2009.

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”