Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08

Audio and video recordings of the works of Agustín Barrios Mangoré
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida - D08 Video
or Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - op.08/04 Valse - D08
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:50 pm

Thanks Fingerboard, Piper and Pierre! I have to confess that I am a bit overwhelmed by all your positive comments which I did not expect at all. All your kindness makes me work harder and practice more to be able to provide my next recordings soon!!!

Thank you all!

Wolfgang

reidev275

Post by reidev275 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:54 pm

wow!, I love that C# instead of the D. Your guitar sounds amazing that low. I wonder if that's one of the reasons the tempo is slower though? I feel like I slow things down the more my strings go flat. Anyway, congratulations, it takes a lot of nerve to take the time you did between some of those phrases.

Gus

Post by Gus » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:41 am

Wow I've never heard it played this way, but it sounds very nice. It's a really fun piece to learn.

ron4145

Post by ron4145 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Congratulations! Wollfang, you've done a great job in a very short time. I have to say your interpretation inspires me a lot. Thank you!

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:57 am

A late thank you to reidev275, Gus and ron4145!!!

@reidev275: When I hear it now again, I also feel that it is too slow. I think the time for an update has come :) The tuning is mostly a matter of string tension. I just love the Savarez Carbon strings, but for my taste (as a beginner) they are too hard to play cleanly when tuned to 440. And, yes, I also love the deeper, darker sound.

greetings
wolfgang

mike_v

Post by mike_v » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:44 pm

Wolfgang - That is one of the most beautiful, soulful interpretations of Julia Florida that I've heard.
wollfang wrote:- My guitar is easy to play
- I used new savarez carbon strings, which make everything sound better
Hey, I wish my guitar was that easy to play. Mine doesn't seem to want to cooperate! :lol: You are way too modest, my friend. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to hear more.

goodtone

Post by goodtone » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:52 pm

thankyou Wolfgang, I know you made it some time ago now but I've just got around to listening. I really enjoyed your interpretation - very musical and a warm tone.
:applauso:

GT

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:49 am

My dear Wolfgang,
You never cease to amaze me with your ability and the emotion that you are able to put into your playing.

Your playing this song makes my day.
I don't know how I could have missed finding this before now.
But, today I really needed it.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to hear you play. :P
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

Paul Saywood

Re: Barrios Mangoré, Agustín - Julia Florida

Post by Paul Saywood » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:23 am

Hello Wolfgang, this recording is very nice and I like enough to keep it on my desktop. You say that's it's an easy piece, but what piece by Barrios is actually easy?

Thanks
Paul

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:37 pm

Hello Wolfgang,

One from the dark days of Wollfang! Just beautiful—I love the tempo,

Best wishes, V :) :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

ayad

Post by ayad » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:09 pm

hi wolfgang,
the recording sounds nice, however, IMHO you should practice to speed it up a little bit, (really, only a little!) cause some notes sounds like they are "out of the melody" , cause of the too much space between them.... maybe i'm wrong.... :?
otherwise its really nice

wolfgang

Post by wolfgang » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:44 pm

*haha* Thanks all for listening and your PATIENCE :lol: Thanks V for digging it out

And also ayad, thanks for listening. But that's really from the dark days, I've only been playing for a year back then :mrgreen: So I can easily agree with your remarks! So now that you are officially part of the forum, introduced and everything, go check out the real virtuosos in the forum, maybe get started with owl, Denian Arcoleo, jounis, carysavage etc. etc. (this can only be incomplete) or get inspired by the creativity of our members in the "our own creations" section!!

Best wishes
Wolfgang

Michael

Post by Michael » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:25 pm

ayad wrote:hi wolfgang,
the recording sounds nice, however, IMHO you should practice to speed it up a little bit, (really, only a little!) cause some notes sounds like they are "out of the melody" , cause of the too much space between them.... maybe i'm wrong.... :?
otherwise its really nice
ayad, you should check out Wolfgang's later video of the piece - it is super stuff.

Click here to watch...

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12233#p111546
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

ayad

Post by ayad » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:20 pm

well, sorry guys, i started with that recording, i'm new here... :roll:
i'll surely check out some new recordings and videos!

Michael

Post by Michael » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 am

ayad wrote:well, sorry guys, i started with that recording, i'm new here... :roll:
i'll surely check out some new recordings and videos!
You will be in for a treat, ayad, there are some outstanding mp3s and videos here! :ouioui: :okok:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

Return to “Our recordings of Agustín Barrios Mangoré”