D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue May 01, 2018 7:18 am

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D01.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D01.
Page 55 : Jean-François Delcamp - Gammes en tierces - Scales in third, number 7 and 8.

Finally, we'll look at five tunes, pages 44 to 48.
Page 44 - Anonyme : Chanson italienne

Page 45 - Anonyme : Volt en la majeur (Damp the preceding note with the finger indicated.)

Page 46 - J. A. P. Schulz (1747-1800) Air

Page 47 - Joseph Küffner (1776-1856) Duo opus 168 N°14

Page 48 - Dionisio Aguado (1784-1849) Valse en sol majeur

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Page 55, number 8 - Jean-François Delcamp - Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Page 45 - Anonyme : Volt en la majeur (Damp the preceding note with the finger indicated.)
Page 48 - Dionisio Aguado (1784-1849) Valse en sol majeur

Good luck!

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François

---

Exam qualifying submissions:

Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Ken Kim
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur
:( + ♫ = :)

Ken Kim
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Ken Kim » Sat May 12, 2018 3:27 am

Hi, all.
Here are my 3 submissions for 9th lesson. Good luck to you all again for year-end exam.

Ken

♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥

Robert England Hauser / Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba C12SP, Torres & Rodriguez
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW / Ryoji Matsuoka M60

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Wed May 23, 2018 11:57 am

Ken Kim wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 3:27 am

Here are my 3 submissions for 9th lesson. Good luck to you all again for year-end exam.
Hi Ken. I plan on starting with the online lessons in September 2018. As a novice, I will, of course, be starting in D01. I have followed the posts of your lesson pieces and have noted how clear your audio is and how tight your video is (i.e., no hand moving to stop the video, etc.)

I am starting to organize a setup for videoing my future lesson-pieces. May I ask you 3 questions:
(1) What microphone do you use?
(2) What video editor do you use to clip the beginning and end of the video, so just the actual playing is presented?
(3) Now that the youtube video editor no longer allows titling of videos on youtube itself, what program do you use to put a title on your videos? I have been looking at the free VSDC editor and it looks pretty good.

Sorry to burden you with so many questions. But your consistent performances for each lesson represent an inspiration to me. Great work and congrats on getting the D01 diploma.

Regards, Judy.

Ken Kim

Post by Ken Kim » Wed May 23, 2018 10:20 pm

Judy Verbeeten wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:57 am

Hi Ken. I plan on starting with the online lessons in September 2018. As a novice, I will, of course, be starting in D01. I have followed the posts of your lesson pieces and have noted how clear your audio is and how tight your video is (i.e., no hand moving to stop the video, etc.)

I am starting to organize a setup for videoing my future lesson-pieces. May I ask you 3 questions:
(2) What video editor do you use to clip the beginning and end of the video, so just the actual playing is presented?
(3) Now that the youtube video editor no longer allows titling of videos on youtube itself, what program do you use to put a title on your videos? I have been looking at the free VSDC editor and it looks pretty good.

Sorry to burden you with so many questions. But your consistent performances for each lesson represent an inspiration to me. Great work and congrats on getting the D01 diploma.

Regards, Judy.
Hi Judy. Very welcome to Delcamp online lessons. These lessons are very valuable to me. As I have learned ideas of damping note, music got clearer and more joyful, nevertheless I am a beginner.
Glad to hear you liked the quality of video and sound. It isn't fancy Equipment at all.

My answers to your questions are following.

I purchased it from Amazon.
PC Microphone, ELEGIANT Portable Condenser Microphone with Stand 3.5mm Home Studio Recording Microphone for Computer iPhone Smartphone Android iPad Podcasting Karaoke Skype Game $29.99 Amazon's Choice

I use Samsung Galaxy S7 with above microphone. Just using oiginal camera app with original editing from smartphone.

I never put the title in my video but top title description above of video. When I upload a video from smartphone, I have to fill it out title and descriptions, etc. I didn't use any video editor at all. It was Simple Cut from edit button provided by S7.

I put microphone and smartphone 4' to 6' away from my guitar's sound-hole. It is important to put microphone towards guitar's sound-hole to have best sound from this set up. Sound of my videos have no effect at all.
Have a great practice day! :casque: :D
Ken

♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥♫✥

Robert England Hauser / Amalio Burguet Especial
Cordoba C12SP, Torres & Rodriguez
Yamaha Silent SLG200NW / Ryoji Matsuoka M60

Judy Verbeeten

Post by Judy Verbeeten » Thu May 24, 2018 12:32 am

Ken, Thanks so much for the information. I also noted your previous comments about Bradford Werner's excellent website. I agree that between this wonderful forum and the Bradford Werner offerings, a novice classical guitar enthusiast can get considerable guidance and motivation.

'See' you in September. Regards, Judy.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”