D02 Classical guitar lesson 1

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Mark C

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 1

Post by Mark C » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:50 am

Here is an attempt at Que ne Suis-Je la Fougere. I'm still trying to figure out recording and attaching MP3s, so hopefully this will work!

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:53 am

Hi Mark that's nicely played.
Aim to get the bass notes a bit louder to make them stand out more. A strong thumb rest stroke.

Mark C

Post by Mark C » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks Richard,

Listening to the recording, you're clearly right. My bass line seems to get lost in the melody...something else to work on!

Mark

danieldfgro2000

Post by danieldfgro2000 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I'm uploading my recordings after two weeks of practice, still not satisfied with the result(fingernail drag - bad tempo) ... maybe with shorter fingernails. Too stubborn for the moment, still trying to obtain a nice feeling and tone with these long fingernails...any advice ?(beside shorter fingernails :roll: ).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lemg

Post by lemg » Sat May 14, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi,

in this lesson you talk about the minimum time you need to devote to the study of the guitar. IF I want to devote more time to study will it be more useful or harmfull.

Thank you
Glen

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 am

Hi Glen,

I don't know whether M. Delcamp will see your message as he doesn't routinely read all posts here, English not being his native language. However, since he says that the times he suggests are the minimum necessary, it's probably fair to say that you could put in a little more time if you are able. But remember to have a break at regular intervals, keep your arms and hands relaxed, and don't practise so hard or so long that you are feeling undue strain, as this can lead to damage. It's best to build up gradually.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sat May 28, 2011 10:12 pm

Hello - I was hoping I could just edit an earlier post to add this piece but that doesn't seem possible.I omitted this piece back in November when first taking this lesson but I thought I should add it to complete all my lessons. If I'm honest it wasn't my favourite piece then, and I think my performance probably shows it hasn't really grown on me! I don't expect any comments on it as it is somewhat out of place. I hope you are enjoying these lessons as much as I have though. Regards, Stewart

Oh! Susanna
[media]https://youtu.be/rL95vu3zW9g[/media]

Robert Goodwin

Post by Robert Goodwin » Sat May 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Stewart,
No comment necessary we are all trying to fill in the blanks before the BIG ONE (year end exam.) I just want to let you know that your posts in the various threads have been an inspiration for me and I am a devoted fan.

MikeJay

Post by MikeJay » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I was doing the D01 lessons -- now that they are over, I'll give D02 a go. Here are my first attempts.

Mike

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”