D03 Classical guitar lesson 1

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
AnthonyT

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 1

Post by AnthonyT » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am

Ive been practicing the material in lesson 1 and ive decided to take the plunge and post my attempt at Schiarazula Marazula.

Its not where at the standard I would like to play it at but its only been a few days practicing. I need to work on temp as i seem to get fast at times through the piece. Other areas I would like to improve are damping, especially some of the bass notes and add some tonal and volume variations to make the piece more interesting to listen to.

I will upload the other pieces in a day or so as I need a bit more practice on them..

Cheers
Anthony

Edit: added my attempts at Carulli Arpeggios, Gaillarde and Carcassi valse opus 59. I need to do some more work on Gaillarge as im neglecting to play some of the base notes on some of the chord. I also need to smooth some of the faster runs and maintain tempo..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AnthonyT on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

otofreq

Post by otofreq » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Thank you so much for this series. This is exactly what I have been looking for. :D

bongglee

Post by bongglee » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 am

Hi,

I cannot find the music "D03 p5 Improvisation 3 - Passemeze" in the pg5 of D03.pdf.
Can you let me know where it is?

Thanks,

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

Hi bongglee. The music for the improvisations is not written down. Those videos are M. Delcamp's examples of how you might improvise in various ways on the basic chord pattern of the piece SCHIARAZULA MARAZULA, which is now on page 8 of the D03 scores. He describes what you should do in the text of his lesson.

By the way, please note that if you wish to take part in these lessons you should join the Online Students group and fulfil the conditions for taking part, as described here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023
This includes changing your name if necessary to one that includes your first name, publicizing the lessons, and confirming that you have done so in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”