D01 Classical guitar lesson 2

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
SusanGRas

Re: D01 Lesson 2

Post by SusanGRas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Cecilia, Your recordings sound great. When I clicked on them my computer opened itunes. Perhaps this is my default player for mp3 files. I thought your guitar and strings sounded great! Is French your native tongue? I went to France a fews years ago to the Bonfin in the south near Frejus. Are you familiar with it? Anyway, thanks for joining our forum too!

Penelope Phillips-Armand

Re: D01 Lesson 2-Susan

Post by Penelope Phillips-Armand » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Nice phrasing, Susan. As I noticed also in Darren's playing, in particular, there is some legato in the right places. So you have the right to look as though you're having a good time! Penelope

SheriDi

Post by SheriDi » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Great job Susan!!!! You are sounding very good and I am jealous of your ability to keep good time. I speed up and slow down at random which becomes painfully obvious when one listens to a recording of one's playing. Something to strive for. . . . .

My final three uploads for this lesson:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marie-Cécile Satonet

Post by Marie-Cécile Satonet » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Hi Susan !
thanks for your lovely and friendly message !
I know Frejus ( I used to live in Juan-les-Pins, between Cannes and Nice, when I was a child) but not the Bonfin.
French is my native language, but I have an english degree, I lived in the UK (mainly in Leicester) from 1995 to 2000, and I used to have an english partner, although we split up a few years ago now. So as I spend too much time on the Delcamp forum, I thought, I'll join the english one instead,to at least do it in english, and so, feel less guilty !!!
To record I use a free software called Audacity, with a small microphon... I don't have a web cam so I can't film myself... When I click on them, it's Windows Media Player that opens on my PC, by default, apparently.
Your own recordings are lovely, Susan. :bravo: and :merci: to your daughter for recording you !
Looking forward to read and hear you again soon !

Chris NewVillage

Post by Chris NewVillage » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:35 am

SusanGRas wrote:I really like the way you add vibrato to your left hand. Is there somewhere in the score that says to do this? Or just on the longer notes? Anyway, your videos were great
Glad you like it, Susan. :merci: No -- nothing in the score. Guess I'm going against the rules, huh? :wink: Oh well. I just play with it. If it sounds good to me, I leave it. I saw it as a chance to practice that effect, which made the music more enjoyable. :D

BTW: You're right, it seems easier to do on the longer notes.

SusanGRas

Post by SusanGRas » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 am

Hi Chris, Not against the rules at all! Mr. Delcamp does it as well in his version. It sounds great and very musical. And SheriDi you can play so fast! That is not the speed of a beginner! Great job. I'm definitely trying to work at moving my fingers faster. This time when I clicked on your file it tried to open with itunes but it let me change to windows media player which is much faster on the opening. Penelope, thanks for your encouragement. I was able to open your files as well with the windows media player. Nice job. Great for Darren to upload while on vacation! Cecilia, the Bonfin is actually a spiritual community that houses many people who study the teachings of Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov. It is a beautiful place. I see why many artists have lived in the south of France. Thanks to all, Susan

Marie-Cécile Satonet

Post by Marie-Cécile Satonet » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 pm

Here are some new recordings I did last night
Have I improved myself ? (Well, I hope I have !!)
Any critique welcome of course.

Susan what you wrote is quite interesting. I had never heard about this place?
Anyway, I now live in the Jura Mountains, it's full of snow and quite cold. But I still find it beautiful !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Penelope Phillips-Armand

Re: reworking

Post by Penelope Phillips-Armand » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Cecilia,

I've just compared your two renditions of "La Tête Bizarde," and it's obvious that you've been practicing regularly: there's less hesitation, your tempi are more regular and the passages between notes are smoother.
I, too, have been working on "London's Burning" as well as some of the other pieces; hope I'll lhave time to upload something again before Tuesday.

We must be nearly neighbors: I'm in Savoie, between Seyssel and Aix-les-Bains. (And I've also been speaking French most of the time, since my arrival here back in the 1980's.) Maybe, come calmer weather, we should be trying some of those canons together!

Marie-Cécile Satonet

Re: reworking

Post by Marie-Cécile Satonet » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Thank you Penelope for your comments.
Penelope wrote: I've just compared your two renditions of "La Tête Bizarde," and it's obvious that you've been practicing regularly: there's less hesitation, your tempi are more regular and the passages between notes are smoother. !
Penelope wrote:We must be nearly neighbors: I'm in Savoie, between Seyssel and Aix-les-Bains. (And I've also been speaking French most of the time, since my arrival here back in the 1980's.) Maybe, come calmer weather, we should be trying some of those canons together!
Yes you're right, we are indeed almost neighbours ! Yes, when the snow's gone for good, we should think about it ! That would be nice ! -th

Chip_McCullough

Post by Chip_McCullough » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 am

Hi All!
Sorry for my absence. Just finished up final exams this week. I have had practice time but no time to record.

I do look forward to hearing everyone's submission!

Penelope Phillips-Armand

Post by Penelope Phillips-Armand » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 pm

Here's a late-night rendition of the Jig. Not yet ready for dancing, but I hope my playing is getting a little more accurate.

Chip_McCullough

Post by Chip_McCullough » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 am

Penelope wrote:Here's a late-night rendition of the Jig. Not yet ready for dancing, but I hope my playing is getting a little more accurate.
Your timing is definitely getting better, I found myself glaring at my onscreen metronome when I played "Jig". That 6/8 is a tough count to play.

Chip_McCullough

Post by Chip_McCullough » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:51 am

Again, I apologize for getting these posted so late. Any last minute critiques are definitely appreciated.

Regards,

Chip

Chip_McCullough

Post by Chip_McCullough » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:57 am

The rest of these are audio only. My laptop broke this past weekend and I will have to find an alternate video capture device.

Regards,

Chip

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:43 am

:( + ♫ = :)

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”