D03 Classical guitar lesson 2

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
QadirASabur

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 2

Post by QadirASabur » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

Julio_Cesar_CancunMx wrote:Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you Monsieur Delcamp once more for this forum. Discovering this site was one of the greatest things that happen to me this 2010. Irene,Ric,Leo and Qadir, it´s been nice meeting you and sharing videos with you guys. May all your CG goals for 2011 be accomplished,and most important lots of peace, love and health for you and your loved ones!

Julio
Thank Julio,
I wish the same to you and your loved ones!

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Greg,
That was very good, quite smooth.

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Happy New year all.
Here is my attempt at Carcassi, Allegretto, opus 59. I know that it is a bit slow and I'll have to work on that.
[media]https://youtu.be/C9xoLwR1fzU[/media]

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 am

Julio_Cesar_CancunMx wrote:Happy New Year everyone!

Thank you Monsieur Delcamp once more for this forum. Discovering this site was one of the greatest things that happen to me this 2010. Irene,Ric,Leo and Qadir, it´s been nice meeting you and sharing videos with you guys. May all your CG goals for 2011 be accomplished,and most important lots of peace, love and health for you and your loved ones!

Julio
Hi Julio and all of the students of the 3rd level :D , I read some of your messages in the Spanish forum and missed them after you disappeared from it :( . It´s really nice to see that the group is growing :discussion: .

Happy New Year to all and very special thanks to Maestro Delcamp for all his efforts in teaching us and for providing this place for discussions among us guitarists of the world :guitare: :chitarrista: .

Best from Elías.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Happy New Year Everyone!

Qadir, great job. It sounds great and you look much more relaxed. I noticed you hesitated a few times but you got right back on track. You have a good sence of rhythm. When I try to get a piece "up to speed", I set my metronome at a lower speed and when I get comfortable I raise the speed. I do that until I get it where I want it to be.

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks Ric,
This was only my second post. I still have a lot of work to do. Perhaps by June I'll be at the top of my game :D

Julio Galindo

Post by Julio Galindo » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 am

Greg Penguin wrote:Here are my efforts for lesson 2. First a video of the exercises.
Lesson 2 Ex..wmv
And an audio recording of the Carcassi Valse.
Carcassi, Matteo; Valse opus 59.mp3
My wife really liked this one.

Happy New Year to Mr. Delcamp and the moderators and my fellow students in Level 3! I'm finding these exercises to be very beneficial, my playing of pieces I already know well has already improved.
Hi Greg!

Congratulations on the Carcassi Valse!! very nice and clean. The extensions sound good too!

Happy New Year!

My daughter, grabbed the guitar today and picked up RH technique very quickly. Restrokes and bass with the thumb. Only you guys can Imagine how I feel about that. She´ll be 9 next month

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 am

Qadir and Julio, thanks for listening to my .mp3. Qadir, I thought your Allegretto was pretty good. It is around the same tempo that I have been working at. It takes me a lot of effort to bring almost anything up to speed. Really fast tempos are beyond me. Fortunately, most pieces sound fine if played a little slower than ideal as long as they are musical.

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:41 am

Hello All,

Here's my Carcassi Op 59.

[media]https://youtu.be/uTdC3SA3794&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

I enjoy playing this piece very much.

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:27 am

Very nice Ric. And on the backpacker to boot! I don't have this one ready to record yet, it's unlikely before the lesson closes.

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 am

Hello again,

Here's my Sor Valse. It still needs a little work, but it's coming along.
[media]https://youtu.be/5P5nKcXmZYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

QadirASabur

Post by QadirASabur » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 am

Greg Penguin wrote: Really fast tempos are beyond me. Fortunately, most pieces sound fine if played a little slower than ideal as long as they are musical.
Greg, I agree with that!

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:57 am

Sorry everybody, I've kind of been on an extended Christmas break - now getting back into the swing of things!

Leonardo, excellent work on the Carcassi - the 1st posting had very clean and propulsive arpeggios - I thought the faster 2nd posting of this was also good but I think the arpeggios really shone on the slower posting. You have done some interesting things musically with the faster tempos. The Sor Excercise is perfect that way - what a revelation hearing it at this tempo, it gives it a much more combative and jesting character. The Sor valse again is very different at that fast tempo - it really comes across as Spanish and maybe closer to flamenco. I think some of it could be cleaned up in a few sections, but overall it's a great interpretation! You are clearly hearing something in these pieces that I missed and breathing a lot of life into them.

Julio, you're right, you do the extensions very well. Also, good job on the Carcassi!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:02 am

Qadir, I thought your piece was very well done and enjoyable to listen to.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:19 am

:( + ♫ = :)

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”