D03 Classical guitar lesson 4

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Greg Johnson

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 4

Post by Greg Johnson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:58 am

My submissions for this lesson.
Putting together a string of strummed chords is new to me, but here it is. [media]https://youtu.be/Hq31NMf650s[/media]

And here is Packington's Pound. I wish I had another week to work on it. It's a little slow and I have a couple of rough spots, but I did enjoy playing this.[media]https://youtu.be/I26nCPatJis[/media]

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:06 am

Jeremy, Very nice playing on both pieces. After hearing your version of Saltaren, I vote we boot you into DO4 :D Have you ever worked on Sanz' Canarios? I'll bet you could do a lot with that.

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 pm

you're too kind - believe me I wish I had more time on both pieces also. There is so much to learn on all of these pieces, the damping in particular is really a new concept to me. I do play Canarios, but don't quite feel that it's ready for prime time - I just keep working on it at slow tempos and it's getting closer!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:26 am

Greg,

Nice work on Saltaren; your rasguedo (or whatever the word is) had very good separation of the strums by the different fingers, and your tone was very good for the whole thing.

You played Packington's Pound very well with a beautiful tone, very musical!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”