Please start by downloading the new version of volume D02
that I updated today.
If you are new to the course, please read this
message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1
, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.
First we will study some technical exercises from volume D02.
- page 76 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) GAMMES - SCALE - SCALES – ESCALAS numbers 12, 13, 14.
When changes of position are needed, you will be using the "position shift" technique. Position I is the left hand position where the index finger (1) is placed behind the 1st fret, position V is the hand position where the index (1) is placed behind the fifth fret, etc. The position shift involves moving the left hand along the neck, from position to position, from fret to fret. In the scales we're looking at today, notice that my first finger never leaves the first string, I use it as a guide for my hand. Position shifts are shown by oblique lines linking two fingering indications given for the same finger.
The following videos are for numbers 12, 13 and 14 on page 76. Concentrate your practice on the passages highlighted in yellow, and do your best to perfect the position shift technique.
Next we'll work on three pieces :
- page 11 Juan BOBROWITZ (1785-1845) DANSE POLONAISE
- page 25 Joseph MEISSONNIER (1790-1855) ANDANTE AFFETTUOSO
- page 56 Fernando SOR (1778-1839) ALLEGRETTO N°2 opus 44 http://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/v ... f=41&t=670
I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
- page 76 number 13 Scale of C major with crescendo and decrescendo
- page 56 Fernando SOR (1778-1839) ALLEGRETTO N°2 opus 44
I look forward to hearing you play these exercises and pieces.
I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.