D03 Classical guitar lesson 6

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D03 Classical guitar lesson 6

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:45 am

Hello everyone,
if you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

Today, we're going to work on a series of exercises.
- page 91 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) LEGATO STACCATO
- page 92 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) GLISSANDO
- pages 96-97 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MORDANTS ET TRILLES
:idea: :arrow: Level D02-D08, Ornaments in baroque music
When changes of position are needed, you will be using the "position shift" technique. Position I is the left hand position where the index finger (1) is placed behind the 1st fret, position V is the hand position where the index (1) is placed behind the fifth fret, etc. The position shift involves moving the left hand along the neck, from position to position, from fret to fret. In the scales we're looking at today, notice that my first finger never leaves the first string, I use it as a guide for my hand. Position shifts are shown by oblique lines linking two fingering indications given for the same finger.
The following videos are for numbers 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 37, 38, 39 and 40. Concentrate your practice on the passages highlighted in yellow, and do your best to perfect the position shift technique.

Finally, we'll look at 4 pieces, pages 15 and 19.
Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) LAS HACHAS
Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) LA MIÑONA DE CATALUÑA

I advise you to work on all the exercises and the four pieces for a week. From March 29th, please record and upload your recordings of the following:
- page 97 numéro 39 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MORDANTS ET TRILLES
- page 19 Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) LA MIÑONA DE CATALUÑA

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

Clément Pic

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 6

Post by Clément Pic » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 am

D03 Gaspar SANZ (1640-1710) LAS HACHAS
hachas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:58 am

I saw that M. Delcamp had begun Lesson 7 so I figured I'd better post these quick!

Las Hachas

[media]https://youtu.be/BMsHk6VDoG0[/media]

La Minona

[media]https://youtu.be/ZUusE6XHgI4[/media]

Trilles Ex. 39

[media]https://youtu.be/1oBxc-qMxBY[/media]
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 am

I've amended the date in the lesson for when you should have started uploading your recordings, which originally said Feb 22nd and should of course have said March 29th.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:25 am

Well done Jeremy as usual. My apologies for getting these up so late. I was traveling for the last week of the session and when I got back was faced with work details and taxes. Anyway it was a struggle to get my recordings done, better late than never. I have never done 2 finger trills before, that was new. And I learned that trills can complicate counting. I think it helps to play the piece first without the ornaments to get the rhythm down. The tempo in my pieces is not great but.... Where is everyone?
Trills in C Major[media]https://youtu.be/GE94RtypIR0[/media]
Sanz, Gaspar; La Minona de Cataluna [media]https://youtu.be/XGyCXxJn6hw[/media]

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:54 pm

Greg, on the Sanz, very cleanly executed on the trills, great tone also! Yes, where is everyone? Glad to see you post.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”