D03 Classical guitar lesson 8

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
RicDavalos

D03 Classical guitar lesson 8

Post by RicDavalos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks Leonardo.

This is off the class subject, but I got an iPad and love it. I've been using it for my sheet music, no more binders!

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 8

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are planning on doing the next level next year if it is offered? I'm pretty sure I will (assuming I pass this one!). Lately I have been pulled in several directions as I also have an interest in playing jazz guitar (electric w/ a pick, I used to play this finger style but the pick seems to work better for this sort of music). I may be getting more of an opportunity to play jazz in public and there's something in me that really likes this, even though I also am very drawn to the classical stuff. For the last month or so most of my practice time has been for jazz.

But I remember when I started the D03 course that I always felt I kind of faked my way into classical guitar and wanted to learn the "real" way like people who study it in school. And it's true, I didn't really know about damping notes, which is one of the main things I have learned this year. So I see the value of these courses.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

RicDavalos

Post by RicDavalos » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Jeremy, I am planning on taking the D04 if it's offered. I've learned very much from the course: damping, notes higher up on th neck, are more familiar, varying the tone by playing over the sound board/the neck/closer to the bridge. Above evertyhing, I've been able to increase my repertoire.

Greg Johnson

Post by Greg Johnson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:54 pm

I would also like to take another class. Although after seeing some of the pieces that are part of the Lesson 9, I'm not so sure! I definitely want a break for a few months, my existing repertoire is suffering a bit and I would like to polish and memorize a few more of the D03 songs. This class has been really good for me.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”