D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jack Jarrett

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Jack Jarrett » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:43 am

Evangelos, You play very well! I thought the Schiarazula was well played and the speed to which you move your a and m fingers on right hand is really nice.You have very little hesitation in playing, as you will notice I have some while I try to play a faster tempo version. I must perservere and get to the same level!

(By the way please excuse the bare leg, I do have shorts on!) :wink:

[media]https://youtu.be/e3ohG48M6uk[/media]
Arpeggio 3note

[media]https://youtu.be/iHs5m30ileo[/media]
Polyphonie 2

[media]https://youtu.be/3A7mRg9AaR4[/media]
Schiarazula

These are not perfect and I will keep working on them. I have some good classmates to try to emulate.
Jack

Evangelos Skropidas

Post by Evangelos Skropidas » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 am

Jack you play effortlessly as well, your schiarazula is also very nice,I dont consider the tempo speed an indication of quality playing at our level,accuracy is a better aim,so you win hands down onthis one :) I also keep my right hand as you do,I think we are a bit wrong but I am not sure,has anyone ever commented on that?(I would love to tell me that it is ok). Ned,now that I think about it it is not the angle of your right hand that gives you that trouble,at least not only that,but the way you pluck the strings,are you sure you depress them downwards before releasing?(I dont know how to explain it in a better way).

Ned Henderson

Post by Ned Henderson » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 am

Thanks to Evangelos and Mark for your comments on my RH position. What you say makes sense. I will give this more thought and practice and see how I get on.
Here is the Schiarazula Marazula. I am trying to do the damping although I finds it very hard to do this and to keep the RH steady...

[media]https://youtu.be/spa5-aHZg6M[/media]

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 am

Well done Ned, although your playing is a bit tense today. I have found it difficult getting back into the swing of this after the break. :roll:
After each bass note you should not follow through to your index finger. If you roll the thumb back to prepare for the next bass note it will damp the previous note but also helps steady your hand as your thumb remains in contact with the strings longer (something I learned from D02). Its a kind of twiddling the thumbs motion.
Jack and Evangelos, I enjoyed both your posts. :bravo:
Stewart well done with your Gaillarde. I am finding getting the tempo right really hard with this piece. :bravo:

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Jack, very nice performance. I can't see your damping on Schiarazula, but all sund very good. :bravo:

Ned: I can only repeat what Richard wrote. Especially in Schiarazula you have more notes (although it sounds good :) ).
very good

:merci:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:41 am

I recordedSchiarazula in tempo suggested on the D03 (quarter note = 122). So I used a metronome.
Little too fast for my taste (and my ability level to :) ). What do you think?

[media]https://youtu.be/x7wYAQ6yP8o[/media]

Evangelos Skropidas

Post by Evangelos Skropidas » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:01 am

Zdravo Goran,I liked your playing,it was fluid and your practice time showed! I didnt notice any discomfort of yours with the tempo,apart from a slight hesitation in the change of the parts,and this was noticable at the first change,although minor as I said. I like it a lot brate.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:10 am

Hvala Evangelos.
Among other difficulties, there is a problem with a camera (live performance) - which has already been mentioned here. But I think this problem has every one of us (more or less) :)
:merci: :bye:

Richard Judge

Post by Richard Judge » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:54 am

I find that change difficult at a much slower tempo! I am trying to move my 3rd finger over to the sixth string in advance of the change. What right hand fingering do you use for the eight notes?
Your metronome makes me think of someone playing the blocks just off picture:-)

well done

Evangelos Skropidas

Post by Evangelos Skropidas » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 am

Yes that camera can be a problem, but at least it is a good excersise for performing for my wife and son :)

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 am

Richard, this is the way I play Schiarazula
Schiarazula.JPG
Yes Evangelos, But I have a daughter too. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:24 pm

I try to post the Gaillarde.[media]https://youtu.be/Gn2o3DEbfqo[/media]

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Very nice Giuseppe. :bravo:
You play without capo on 5th?
:merci:

Coen van Dijk

Post by Coen van Dijk » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:35 am

Hi All

Its very interesting too look at you all playing and giving tips.

I also try to study the D03. I say try, because I think I have only little time, that is, not the time proposed by mr. Delcamp for this study.
Still I think I will learn and advance, as long as I practice as much as I can. I you all don`t mind I will keep reading and studying the lessons, and try to give usefull comments, even if I am not a official student of the D03 lessons. I am afraid I will lag behind all of you at the end.

Thanks to all for participating the way Mr. Delcamp proposed so people with little time can also benefit!
:bravo: and :merci:

I tried the Schiarazula and found it very difficult, but after a while you sort of get into the rithm with your thumb. Every time I play the song when I start a practice sessions, I have trouble, but after some time it goes. I guess this is the result of not playing every day. The brain gets trained less quickly I guess...

Tomorrow I will try to start the Gaillarde.

Coen

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks Goran, with the nut to 5, I had already posted, last year. :bye: :merci:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”