D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:58 pm

[media]https://youtu.be/qbIRecEIrFY[/media]hello, here is my The Sick Tune :bye:

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 pm

Bravo Jack,continues to play them and see how beautiful they are. :bye: :bravo: :bravo:

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:39 pm

:bravo: Giuseppe, beautiful and emotional as always. :merci:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Jack, it's very good :bravo:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:51 am

Hello everybody! :D As in the last time, I had problems with my microphone that made me nervous :oops: and that was reflected in the various fails in this first attempt of the Capriccio by Logy :casque: . This is the video [media]https://youtu.be/U7-WaS0Oo34[/media].

I would greatly appreciate non so destructive C&C :bye: .
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:02 am

Hi Jeremy! Good rendering of your pieces, only comment is your videos are very long and some times are difficult for me to download them, for that reason I look at them in different times.

Giusseppe, congratulations for your sick tune.

Jack your rendering of the three pieces is very good.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks Goran, Elias Lopez Bravo. :bye: :merci: :bravo: :bravo:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:56 am

Elias,
Nice first recording of Losy Cappricio! :guitare:
I notice you struggle at the same places I do,mainly the b chord as it is hard to jump on the chord as fast as the tempo we are setting. I've found by repeating this transition over and over has made it a litte easier to hit it, as well as my problems with the 2nd phrase at the 2nd and 3rd measure where we go from e with with 1 finger to f and a with fingers 2 and 4. It all comes around though in time!
Jack

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 am

Here are first videos of some of my assignments. Lots of material so little time!
[media]https://youtu.be/pTRFeiXyZd0[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/hrYsyAK2vWw[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/fZtBoBvEV0U[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/Kqj8RjFiaRs[/media]

Not by best but hopefully they will get better.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 am

Bravo Jack, the Capriccio very nice, The Sick Tune you have to work a little, Andantino well, just wrong SOL RE-second measure, is that I battere.Spero explained. :bye: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:10 am

Jack, the beautiful Waltz. :bye: :applauso: :applauso: :bravo:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Jack, (this is a comment on your first posting, I will listen to the new videos) nice work on the three pieces - your tempo was very even, the pieces were all quite musical and really a pleasure to listen to! There is one note on the Carcassi Valtz on the middle section where the melody note goes up to the B on the high E string and then back down to G#, I think you were playing A instead of the G#. I know I played some wrong notes on mine where I knew I played it wrong but just changed the music to fit my mistake! But this happened a couple times so I'm thinking maybe you meant to play the A.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Very nice on the "Sick Tune" (what is it with that name anyway?) Giuseppe, you really made it dance! There were a couple of notes that you might want to sustain for the full value, some of the quickly moving passing notes where treble and bass are playing together. Or maybe this is just a matter of interpretation..
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:42 pm

Elias, good work on the Capriccio - cleanly played and good tone. You might want to think of the tune as two voices (treble and bass) having a conversation. The treble says something and the bass answers (I need to work on this too!). Also, I will make sure I put individual postings to my pieces in the future so you don't have to download such a big file.
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Jack, you play the Carcassi Valse very nicely, steady tempo all the way through and very musical! Also you bring out the two call-and-answer voices on the Capriccio quite well.

For the Tarrega Andantino, the quarter notes in the 2nd measure each get 1 beat, so the low E is count 1, the high E is count 2 and the high D is count 3. Then for the arpegiated measure before and after, every two notes get one beat (which you are doing). So the rhythm of 1-2-3, 1-2-3 is steadily maintained.

On the Sick Tune, there are those tricky spots where you have to change chords every eighth note (measure 11). You may already be doing this, but if you just practice that measure by itself and play it, say, 6 times in a row, and do this several times a day slowly, it will come.
Jeremy

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”