D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Elías López Cruz

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Elías López Cruz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Hi everybody! :) My lap failed :cry: and I´m looking for some other alternatives, I used an MP3 recorder and tried this kind of work in progress just in order not to have a lag. There are some very obvious fails :desole: in this valse op. 11 No. 9. I hope to remedy them before the deadline for this second course. This is the video [media]https://youtu.be/8D2NfdYMXI0[/media].

C&C not so agressive are very appreciated, well, the agressive too! :merci: :merci: :bye:
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Claudio Traino

Post by Claudio Traino » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi friends!!! thank you very much for your comments. Jeremy, i like your sound. Do you play by reading music (not remembering the piece)? A great ability!!! Elias, I think that you play well, but probably you need a little more study for playing them perfectly. Jack, your Capriccio is very well in my opinion. Also the other pieces are OK, the lesson isn't easy to do... Giuseppe, your sick tune is perfect!!!
:bye:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 pm

I have been reading the pieces because I haven't had time to memorize them - however, usually when I play in public I only play things I have memorized. I tried playing the S.L Weiss Passacaglia in Church one time reading from the music and it didn't go so well! Pieces that stay in the lower positions are easier to play while reading.

I do feel like this would be a good skill to have because it would greatly expand my repertoire - but I'm not quite there yet.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:56 pm

I took a lesson from a very high-level guitarist one time and he told me "don't look at your fingers". This was some of the best advice I ever got. However, sometimes you must look when jumping to a position high on the fingerboard.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks for all the tremendous feedback! Obviously I need to work on the Tarrega Andantino more, the tempo I was doing better until the video camera turned on!As far as my wrong notes I will pay closer attention to the music and my Sick tune is healing and should be healthy by next posting :wink:
Giussepi, I love your Sick Tune. But I love the sound of renaissance music! You played it the way I want to play it!
Thanks for the help!

Jack

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Another try at The Sick Tune, still not perfect but a little better.
Anonymous, The Sick Tune.mp3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:34 am

Jack Jarrett, :casque: :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Coen van Dijk

Post by Coen van Dijk » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Hi all
I am not really doing the D04, but the D03, however, sometimes you hear a piece and realize you HAVE to learn it, if you can. This was the case for this Losy-Capriccio.
I just love the flow of notes in this piece.
I experimented a lot with damping on this piece, the technique is relatively new to me. I play allmost everything a-i or i-m. I only play with p if I have to damp the previous note.
This was a difficult piece to learn for me -and still not done- but I think my future playing will benefit.
I recorded it with a capo on the 5th fret, I just love playing it that way.
It still needs improvement, but after so much studying this piece, I like to share it with you all to get some constructive critisisms.

Well, here it goes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:14 am

Coen van Dijk,very nice :bye: :bravo: :bravo:

Michael Collings

Post by Michael Collings » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 pm

I'm responding to posts in reverse order...

Coen--I enjoyed your Losy. (Is it Losy or Logy?) It's obvious that you love the piece and I think that the capo at the 5th improves the effect.

Jack--nice to see you also are going for the D04. The sick tune is coming along nicely. The Waltz sounds great (given the few misread notes that Jeremy noted). I noticed that on the Waltz your thumb tone is rather "clicky." Your thumb tone is quite nice on the Losy Cappricio.

Elias--nice job on the Carcassi Waltz. It sounds like you are very close to a good performance of it. The Cappricio is coming along nicely too.

Giuseppe--very enjoyable sick tune--sounds healthy to me! :casque:

Jeremy--I realize that it's less desirable to include everything in one long post but it's more honest! Nice job on all the pieces. From your subsequent posts it seems that you're aware of the mistakes etc. I enjoy your tone and the lovely sound of your instrument.

Here's my Carcassi Valse

[media]https://youtu.be/NCe7FkQcVOw[/media]

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Michael,beautiful your Carcassi. :casque: :bye: :bravo: :bravo:

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 pm

Hi Michael! Good performance of the Valse by Carcassi.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:25 am

A little fun with the Carcassi Valse

[media]https://youtu.be/FZGYKrowgEU[/media]
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:31 am

Jack, I really like your "Sick Tune" - very musical, beautiful tone!
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 am

Coen, your Losy Capriccio is a thing of beauty! The piecs flows uninterrupted, and the 5th fret capo takes it back about 5 centuries - just beautiful!
Jeremy

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”