D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:39 am

Michael, great Carcassi Valse, beautiful tone, flowing, and I really like how you made the "B" section stand out from "A" section both in volume and texture!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Hi Jeremy! Good Variations on a Carcassi Valse.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Giuseppe Gasparini
Student of the online lessons

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Improv.RE_SOL-LA-SI.MP3
[media]https://youtu.be/HfBC8k9Zq-k[/media]Hello everyone, my latest works. :bye: :chaud:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:32 pm

Hello Jeremy , very nice. :casque: :bye: :bravo:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Giuseppe, very nice Giuliani - sounds like it is right out of the period!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:53 pm

:bravo: Giuseppe. My compliments. :applauso: :applauso:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 am

Giuseppi, Fantastic! I am impressed by your talent.

Here are a couple of my attempts.
[media]https://youtu.be/mRsFVAzqT4Q[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/NHQ4Kk8PmlI[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/3dv5HigWm9M[/media]

They are all still rough and need work. I almost don't want to post these but I'm afraid I won't get all the videos finished in time, so if I get a perfect video before the end of the week, I may upload another try.

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 am

Jack, I thought your last pieces were quite good, the Carcassi was flawless and at a good tempo, and on the Sick Tune I could hear the improvement in how you play the quick chord changes in tempo. The only thing I would say is on the Carcassi to maybe focus more on interpretation now, since you have it technically mastered.
Jeremy

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Thank you all, too kind. :bye: :merci: :merci: :merci:

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello Jack, very beautiful, you're on the right track. :bye: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Claudio Traino

Post by Claudio Traino » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:17 pm

Jack, your pieces are very good. I like very much "The sick tune". Unfortunately I couldn't study because I lost many time with Giuliani (not easy to play for me)... Your Carcassi is good from a technical point of view. A suggestion: you could try to play it by following the sugstions of the sheet: the first part could be done "piano", the second "forte" and so on. :bravo:
Here two last pieces by me: Giuliani and a 2nd (better than the 1st, I hope) version of the Andantino.
:bye:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Hello Claudio, good, beautiful interpretation, dell'Andantino, the sound of the guitar, more and more beautiful. :bye: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:11 pm

Claudio,
NIce job on Giulliani piece.You really are able to hit the upper notes smoothly and keep a good tempo throughout. Having worked on this one for a week now I know how hard that is, as is the Tarrega piece bar 15. I have been working on that a long time now and can sometimes keep a smooth tempo through this section. I have started mentally focusing on being light with my fingers, and not pushing down too heavily,as I seem to be able to hold my hand at the angle needed to get those two highest notes easier. I'm sure you already know, but that is your only weak point in that one, so I would suggest playing that part over about 450 times! :)
And thanks for your suggestions.
Good work.
Jack

Claudio Traino

Post by Claudio Traino » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Jack Jarrett wrote:Claudio,
NIce job on Giulliani piece.You really are able to hit the upper notes smoothly and keep a good tempo throughout. Having worked on this one for a week now I know how hard that is, as is the Tarrega piece bar 15.
Jack, thank you very much for your comments. Really I am not so happy of mine Giuliani. Probably I need more time for playing it well. It is a very nice piece and it is very challenging to play. Thus I am thinking not to leave it... Yes, you are right about Tarrega piece, I agree.
Jack Jarrett wrote: have been working on that a long time now and can sometimes keep a smooth tempo through this section. I have started mentally focusing on being light with my fingers, and not pushing down too heavily,as I seem to be able to hold my hand at the angle needed to get those two highest notes easier.
Jack, I am almost sure that you can play this piece well. Why don't you try to play, record and post it?
Jack Jarrett wrote: that is your only weak point in that one, so I would suggest playing that part over about 450 times!
Eh Eh, Jack, thank you but unfortunately this is not my ONLY weak point. I have much more than one :chaud:. You're very kind. I am planning to follow your suggestion: playing that part over about 450 times :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!
Thank you again!!!
:bye:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 am

Here's my last upload for this lesson as I can't seem to get a better video.
[media]https://youtu.be/PgiVWC7BroI[/media]

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”