D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jack Jarrett

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jack Jarrett » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:13 am

Greg, Sorry you can't work it in, I know it is tough to get all the practice time required to keep up with these lessons and do whatever else you may be working on.I struggle with that also,as well as your desire to be able to perform in front of others. I have also thought about private lessons, but unfortunately the cost keeps me here.These do provide some form of "pressure" which would be trying to record a good take, but it is nothing like having to get it right the one time you are in front of people! Good luck!
Jack

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:04 am

Scarborough Fair
Giuliani
Paganini
Novelette
Paganini (another try)

[media]https://youtu.be/UV1YbIP1ZAU[/media]

If the video is sideways, come back and look at it in a half an hour or so, I fixed it on youtube but they may still be processing it.

I also attached an MP3 of the same thing. I still struggle a lot with the Paganini, and I was kind of discouraged about this, but then I listened to my earlier post and it was even worse! Just kidding (not really), but what I should say is that I did make some improvement on this piece, even though it still has a long way to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 am

Jeremy :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:23 am

Jeremy, The Novelette was very good, as was your Scarborough Fair!The Giulliani Etude definitely can do a pretzel number on the fingers, and through repetition that works itself out. I did finger it slightly differently on bar 15 than suggesterd, by doing a hinge bar with 1 finger holding Bb and F, lifting off F briefly but maintaining the Bb for it's written duration. It seemed to make a difference on my speed at this point. Your Paganini did show improvement.
I did like the quality of this video and I am impressed you are able to find an assistant to do your personal filming!

Your relaxed attitude about the whole video uploading is the way it should be with us students, as this should be foremost fun and it's nice you are able to share this experience with others close to you.

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:33 am

Hello everyone! :) I´m trying to catch up with the course :chaud: , so here is my Ghiribizzo 24, it needs obvious polishing here and there :wink: , [media]https://youtu.be/n-IX__Y3q1w[/media]. Anyway, comments are greatly appreciated :casque: :bye: .
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Michael Collings

Post by Michael Collings » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 am

Hello All, I've enjoyed everyone's posts so far. Here are my final versions...this time around.

The Paganini was a pain in the you know what. Giuseppe's version is great. :bravo:

[media]https://youtu.be/FMhCe_A1f-I[/media]

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi Michael! "The Paganini was a pain in the you know what" Your "pain" was quite good as well as all the other pieces. Congrats.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:00 pm

credit should go to my 14 year old daughter Maddy who recorded my post!
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm

Michael good, the Paganini and Scarborough, the best :casque: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:45 am

Elias, great job on the Paganini, beautiful tone and execution!
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:03 am

Michael, great great job on the Paganini! You have a very light approach on the left hand with your thumb well behind the neck which gives you great control, I would liken it more to playing a keyboard with the left hand - every fret in the position is within reach of your fingers without your hand moving. The other pieces are all good as well, especially the beautiful Scarborough Fair.
Jeremy

Michael Collings

Post by Michael Collings » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:39 am

Thanks everyone--looking forward to lesson #5 :D

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Elias :bravo: . Very good

:bravo: :bravo: MIchael. :casque:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Jeremy! Thanks for your words.

Hello Goran! Thanks for your Bravo.

BTW I think that some of us are missing the Maestro Delcamp feedback on our performance. I second the motion of Goran (in another thread) concerning the petition to the teachers registered in the forum. Anyway, the comments of the partners in this forum some times are harder than the ones of the professors. They are very helpful.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Elías López Cruz wrote:BTW I think that some of us are missing the Maestro Delcamp feedback on our performance. I second the motion of Goran (in another thread) concerning the petition to the teachers registered in the forum. Anyway, the comments of the partners in this forum some times are harder than the ones of the professors. They are very helpful.
I do not know whether "petition" is the right word. This is just my suggestions, and reaction to Coen's post
Elias, I agree with you that partner comments really mean a lot, but if there is a possibility that someone write a professional suggestion in any segment (of posture, hand position, holding the guitar ....) I think it would benefit for each of us. At the end of the course professionals evaluate our success, not we students.
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”