D04 Classical guitar lesson 05

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Elías López Cruz

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by Elías López Cruz » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:30 am

Hi everyody! :) Here are my Dowland and Tárrega. [media]https://youtu.be/Tar0Hgt6vK4[/media] [media]https://youtu.be/whJuvFrB6_U[/media]. A little bit difficult :chaud:
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:43 am

Elias, good first posts!
They are tough, the Dowland especially for me.Timing and note lengths take some real thought and effort to sustain and hold for proper duration. You do a pretty good job for first upload though some hesitations on the piece, but I think with more practice that will work itself out.
You do a great job with Tarrega arpeggio, though I do notice a little hesitation when playing the melody notes with the pinky.The fast tempo youv've set really makes you have to move fast to hit those notes without losing tempo.

Jack

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:42 am

Dowland Jumpe, Sor Study, Tarrega

[media]https://youtu.be/d9vZijbjtPA[/media]
dscn0345.mp3
The MP3 below is the same is the video, in case the video downloads too slow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:44 am

Jack,

Very nice on all the pieces! Your "Jumpe" rocked! The Sor had a very Spanish character, you played it cleanly, evenly, at a good tempo, and the evenness of the arpeggio really tied it together. One small thing, the bass note near the end on the C IV barre is a C#, not a G#. The Tarrega was played well. Even the Paganini (which always seems to be a tough one for me for some reason) while it had some spots to clean up, was very sweet and musical.
Jeremy

Guitarras: 1973 Manouk Papazian (Spruce/Morado), two I have built, and an old Telesforo Julve parlor size

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:48 am

Giuseppe, excellent job on the Jumpe - the Tarrega also was played perfectly at a quick tempo!
Jeremy

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:35 am

Hello Jack, beautiful Dowland :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 am

Hello Elias,it takes more fluidity :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:39 am

Hello Jeremy,Sor I loved it :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bye:

Jack Jarrett

Post by Jack Jarrett » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Jeremy,
Your Sor piece is very musical with good tonal variety and expression.This is one of my favorite Sor studies a beautiful composition that has a lot of room for personal interpretation. You also played the Tarrega study with confidence and this one,even though it's short, has a lot of emotional character with a truly romantic feel to it. Your Dowland is coming along nicely, and you use the arpgeggiated chords nicely to mix it up a bit.You play the notes correctly and with the right duration and timing.

Sometimes I feel like one of the judges on American Idol!Trying not to be the Simon of the bunch! :P
Jack

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Elias, great sound and playing on the Dowland; your tone is great and the notes are articulated very cleanly. I suggest slowing it down to focus on rhythm, the catchiness or skipping feeling of the rhythm is so important for this piece.

On the Tarrega you have a good fiery sound! Here is a suggestion that I need to work on myself: force yourself to play the right hand arpeggio evenly into the next chord as if the left hand didn't matter. Let the right hand make the left hand keep up. You can begin this at a slower tempo and then make it faster as the left hand begins to understand that the right hand won't wait for it!
Jeremy

Michael Collings

Post by Michael Collings » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Hello everybody, I'm looking forward to participating in this lesson but I just got a new job as a choir director and I'm playing in a musical this week! This is in addition to my other musical obligations, so I hope to get something in by the end of the month. But, as the saying goes, when it rains it pours... :!:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:15 am

It's that other musical stuff that always gets in the way - but good for you Michael!
Jeremy

Giuseppe Gasparini

Post by Giuseppe Gasparini » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

[media]https://youtu.be/Eb3XmerL7NI[/media]Hello everyone, I propose Sor-Valse Op 51 # 3, and my new guitar lutherie Mauro Placco :discussion:

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Second Post: Paganini, Dowland, Sor, Tarrega. I'm starting to really like this Paganini, I'm going to keep working on it!

[media]https://youtu.be/G7K_WVVZxxc[/media]
Last edited by Jeremy Hickerson on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy

Jeremy Hickerson
Amateur luthier

Post by Jeremy Hickerson » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:22 pm

Giuseppe,

Great Sor Valse! And the new guitar sounds wonderful - you must be having a great time exploring all of its possibilities!
Jeremy

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”