D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Barbara DiNenno

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:13 am

Teodora,

Great job on lesson 3. I thought you did very well.

barbara :bravo:

Barbara DiNenno

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:15 am

Dave,

You do well with hitting nice clear notes with good timing. I did notice some omission of damping on Lesson 5a, the thumb damps a couple notes in the second half that I did not see you do.

Barbara :bye:

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 am

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic wrote:Hey everyone, :bye:
I completed our third task.. check out my videos.. :merci:
:bravo: really sounded good.
Bill

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:11 am

David Lavallee wrote:Hi All,

Here are mine.. finally!

I've been slacking, and need to practice more!

All comments and especially suggestions for improvement are appreciated. :)
Hi David, it sounded pretty good for slacking. :shock:
I sometimes miss using finger 4 when reading the sheet music.

:bravo: Bill
Last edited by Bill Davis on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:18 am

Barbara DiNenno wrote:Bill,

great job especially on Dionsia. very good timing and you got the damping down well i thought.

Barbara :bravo:
Thank you Barbara :merci: the damping is a bit challenging but I hear my string harmonics when I don't damp other strings as well too. So that has forced me to take on the challenge of damping right out of the gate. I am guessing the harmonics are more pronounced because my guitar is a little bit cheaper made for beginners. Thanks Bill

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:02 pm

Lo, Nous Marchons Sur Un Etroit Chemin

[media]https://youtu.be/SYiAozcNepw[/media]

David Lavallee

Post by David Lavallee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Barbara DiNenno wrote:Dave,

You do well with hitting nice clear notes with good timing. I did notice some omission of damping on Lesson 5a, the thumb damps a couple notes in the second half that I did not see you do.

Barbara :bye:
Thanks Barbara! I appreciate the feedback. I am struggling with that one, both with damping and with using (#4) fingers as indicated. I will watch the damping.

-Dave

David Lavallee

Post by David Lavallee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi Ben,

Good job on "Lo, Nous Marchons Sur Un Etroit Chemin." It sounds very clean! Only thing I did notice was that in measures 5 & 7, the second two notes (both 'A') are played as eighth notes when they should be quarters. All four notes in those two measures (low A, A, A, A) are quarter notes..

Thanks,

Dave

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Thanks, David. You are right, I screwed up there. I don't know why, but I get "camera fright" and have a difficult time paying attention to what I'm doing when I record something.

David Lavallee

Post by David Lavallee » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Ben Spurr wrote:I don't know why, but I get "camera fright" and have a difficult time paying attention to what I'm doing when I record something.

Hahaha!! :D I get the same thing.. I'll play the piece flawless (well, my version of flawless, a term I use VERY loosely!) until I hit RECORD, then it all goes downhill :)

-Dave

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:33 pm

We're ALL going through it. Some more, some less. I think it's safe to say we all loosen up over time.

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Is anyone else having a difficult time with leccion 5a on the bottom of page 19? My fingers are blistered and I still can't get it down.

Antonio Carneiro

Post by Antonio Carneiro » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:02 am

Ben Spurr wrote:Is anyone else having a difficult time with leccion 5a on the bottom of page 19? My fingers are blistered and I still can't get it down.
Me, tough I admit I didn't practised this one enough, I can't perform all that dumping properly. But now I'm following his advice, playing it slowly first, counting out loud.

I have some questions:
Should we play what is written or what Mr Delcamp plays? At "LO, NOUS MARCHONS SUR UN ETROIT CHEMIN" he's using his i-m fingers instead of his thumb.

How do I even play a 'rest stroke' with my thumb? It feels strange.

What do you use to rest your left foot? I didn't find that thing to support the guitar on my leg,

Sometimes, when I'm playing rest stroke, I played a random note on the 1st string, let's say a F, then I have to play a note on the 2nd string, for instance a D. It is much more intuitive to use the same fingers (right hand) to play both notes, why must we always alternate?

[media]https://youtu.be/um_5-ypiMkg[/media]

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:42 am

Hi Antonio, I just fixed your video link (you'd used Yahoo tags instead of YouTube :wink: ).

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:24 pm

D01 Classical Lesson 3, pg 19, Dionisio Aguado Leccion 5a.

[media]https://youtu.be/EqWaJL3fR2I[/media]

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”