D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Scott Fountain

Question about D01 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Geoff,

I went into the archive lessons and completed 005 but have no open forum to post to. Do you have to open a forum or unlock the old one?

Thanks,

Scott :chitarrista:

Stefan Srećković

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Stefan Srećković » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:26 pm

That's the old topic for 2012's session. Post your lesson 05 submissions here Scott!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:07 am

That's right, last year's lessons are now locked to prevent people from accidentally posting in them, because any feedback should take place in this year's lessons.

Although all last year's lessons are visible in the archives, the current season's lessons are posted monthly, so you will need to wait until next month before you can post your recordings for lesson 5.

:!: Bear in mind that the required pieces for each lesson this year may be different from those set last year, so you should check what they are in the new lesson, when it comes out, before posting your recordings.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Scott Fountain

Post by Scott Fountain » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:26 am

Ok, thanks Geoff!!

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Concerning 'Lundi Mati' - switching to the thumb on the 4th string and 5th string notes is challenging and feels awkward for me. Mr. Delcamp sticks with I M
fingering whereas the notation indicates P. It's what I naturally seem to do also when I play it.

I suppose it's good to work on what's difficult...

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 pm

You are right Halil ! !

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 pm

And here are my submissions for lesson 04 !

I hope I have taken care of most, if not all, the suggestions and advices I have got till date. Feel free to express your feedback :)

Thanks ! !

[media]https://youtu.be/I94CpD-qK1I[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/jMC0ClEzEOc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGTocXSYZOHz0qPtXZ8pyEQ[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/FQJMVCLKoYk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGTocXSYZOHz0qPtXZ8pyEQ[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/lW7LcdHJBWI&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGTocXSYZOHz0qPtXZ8pyEQ[/media]

I don't know why my videos have that irritating sound in the background. It is so annoying :( :( :(

Ben Spurr

Post by Ben Spurr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:27 am

Archit, your music sounds good. I had a sound like that in my videos, didn't know what it was until the air conditioner cut off while I was making the recording. Next was the dishwasher cutting on and ruining one of my recordings. Since then I've realized most any appliance in the house, just about anywhere, gets in the recording and messes it up.

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:38 am

Thank you Ben ! !

Will keep that factor in mind while recording my videos from hereon.

Juan Silva

Post by Juan Silva » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:53 am

Archit you did great in your performances. Very fast posting too! I can't believe im struggling a bit with cucaracha...keep up the good work! If i didnt congratulate you earlier, its because im jealous :D

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 am

Thank you Juan ! You surely have a good sense of humour :mrgreen:

I have to admit, I too struggled a lot with Cucaracha, rest of the other pieces are comparatively easier. Cucaracha has such high tempo, I kept hitting the unwanted notes every time during practice but I am glad I got it through. Of the four lessons I have learnt till now, I deem this particular piece to be one of the more difficult ones. But, I guess the more we play such difficult pieces :chitarrista: , the better it is for us. I am sure you will agree to that ! ! :bye:

Antonio Carneiro

Post by Antonio Carneiro » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Archid,
I don't know how to fix it, but if you really want to remove the noise, Audacity has a tool to remove background noise (you only need to press a button), but to get this done you'd need to extract the audio, edit it, then put it back on the video. (I think most of the video editors can do this)

You did a good job, I still need some practice to play la Cucaracha like that :D

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Hello everyone,
Here are my lesson 4 submissions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:24 am

Antonio Carneiro wrote:Archid,
I don't know how to fix it, but if you really want to remove the noise, Audacity has a tool to remove background noise (you only need to press a button), but to get this done you'd need to extract the audio, edit it, then put it back on the video. (I think most of the video editors can do this)

You did a good job, I still need some practice to play la Cucaracha like that :D
Thanks Antonio !

Next time I will edit the audios using some tools as you suggested !

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:38 am

Halil !

Very nicely played. You played at a lower tempo but your timing was very good and precise. :bravo:
I just noticed one little thing, in Lundi Matin you played a portion at the end which was not required.

Because you played so well, I would really love to see your videos from lesson 5 onwards, if that's possible :D . Keep up the good work ! :bye:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”