D02 Classical guitar lesson 05

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Marko Räsänen

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 05

Post by Marko Räsänen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:16 am

I think you two are looking at it the wrong way. The goal is to make the best way the easiest one by means of practicing :D
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 am

I think we both know that. We just concluded that it's never the easy way sounding better :D

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Just to clarify one more time, we're free to add in a bit of our own artistic touch to the pieces right? Without simplifying difficult passages of course.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:39 am

I suppose that's ok Stefan, if you feel like doing some ornamentation go ahead, I'll look forward to your playing.
What I could try at the moment is giving some coloration and echo effect as JDC explained in the Sor piece.

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:08 am

I'll look into that. Don't you just get bored of the same old monotone, mono-tempo, mono-articulation piece playing? Heck, if I were to play all these pieces like that I think I would've given up on CG altogether :war:

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I'm not into Sor all that much. But this one is the kind of a piece you would play for your kids on a Christmas eve.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Good that the Sor piece didn't get more boring this time :)

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:39 pm

How's your progress coming along Bea? I'd say these are some moderately challenging pieces. Not too challenging, but polishing up takes some time, at least in my case. Are you working on anything else apart from JFD lessons?

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 am

Hi Stefan, not ready to post yet, I will on the new year, I gotta party tomorrow night on new years's eve, food, drinking and dancing :D
I am only playing the pieces for this lessons for 15-30 min a day, it gets boring to play them for a longer period.
Every day I practise scales a bit. Then, I keep on doing the Sagreras lessons. I have been on lesson 65 for about 5 days, it is a hard one. Sagreras is entertaining but my left hand is not progressing much.
Today I started to study a method for left hand technique Abel Carlevaro, Serie Didactita para Guitarra, Cuaderno 3. Several people at the Spanish forum recommend this book, are you familiar with it? I did the first exercises, there were new to me, seem very helpful. You can find the book online if you are interested, I can give you the link.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:17 pm

Happy New Year to everyone :!: Everyone is quite, were you guys partying too much :?: :D
:bye:

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:27 pm

I'm not familiar with it the book you mentioned, toss me a link in PM please. Although I do recall this one piece composed by Abel that I really liked, it's called Cancion. I've been trying to find sheet music for it but no success.
Here it is.

[media]https://youtu.be/cuIv_uI1wZU[/media]
If you do manage to find it PLEASE send it over to me, I'd be very grateful.

edit: happy new year Bea!

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 am

Happy new year Stefan, I sent you a pm.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 am

It looks like everybody is preparing something really good, I guess pieces will be perfect since they are not hard and nobody has posted them yet. I haven't posted because I haven't had time to record the videos, it has been too noisy at home this week. Tomorrow I have a party so I might not be able to record either. I want to post before Monday though.

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:39 pm

They're getting somewhat exhausting, to me anyway.

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:30 am

I don't know about you guys, but not getting notification of new posts in this forum really has led to a decline in the frequency with which I check the latest lesson thread. Out of sight, out of mind. Not much peace and quiet around here either ... both kids home, spouse off from work a good bit, some travel, etc., just gradually cutting down the mistakes. [mine won't be perfect, I can guarantee! But I can also guarantee that I like them well enough, and I'm glad to be playing guitar.]

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”