D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Halil Akaydin

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Halil Akaydin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:53 am

Hi William,

Nice playing and solid technique. Maybe try adding some vibrato to spice things up.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

My entries for lesson 6 :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Good execution both of you. Can't comment on any technicalities, legato is clearly present, I think this is as good as us D02 players get honestly :D

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:05 pm

:bravo: :bravo: Halil. Very good parfornance :casque: .
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 pm

Very nice listening to your recordings :casque: William and Halil.

Halil, at what tempo did you play Andantino?

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I think I hit two wrong notes in the second part of adantino 8)

As far as tempo goes, I'm not sure. I never use a metronome. I just watched the video lesson and saw that it needed to be played slowly.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Halil Akaydin wrote:T... I think I hit two wrong notes in the second part of adantino 8) ...
I heard it, but that is no reason that the performance does not sound good. :wink:

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:13 am

Halil Akaydin wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. I think I hit two wrong notes in the second part of adantino 8)

As far as tempo goes, I'm not sure. I never use a metronome. I just watched the video lesson and saw that it needed to be played slowly.
I started playing along with the Delcamp recording - slowing it down a little, with the hope of building up speed over practice time. At 70-80% speed, it seems pretty clear to me that the Delcamp recording does not keep uniform tempo - rather, he starts slowly and then builds up speed, then slows again, etc. It seems obviously intentional, but it does make it difficult to play it straight alongside his playing. To play with him, I'd have to copy his tempo variations, and that somehow doesn't seem appropriate. I would prefer to learn it as written first, and then, if I feel moved, give it my own twist.

Nice job, both of you. William, I noticed how nice your cedar-topped Yamaha sounds. I have been battling low humidity issues (<20%) here with much lesser (but loved and treasured) guitars and wish solid-tops were easier to take care of in climates with highly variable humidity. They require much care and attention, so it would be a commitment to get one like that, at least, if I wanted it to stay in good shape.

WilliamTee

Post by WilliamTee » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:24 am

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Carl, your approach is similar to mine in terms of tempo. At this level I prefer to concentrate more on playing it right rather than speed. No doubt i have to play at certain expected tempo but if I think it is too fast for me to follow I'd slow down.

I can't imagine the efforts needed to maintain guitar in places with variable humidity. For me I did not pay particular attention. Humidity is quite high in Singapore but its quite the same I think all year round. I just make sure I keep it in dry and well ventilated space. I've had it for a year and I dont see any noticeable difference.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:50 pm

Hear ye hear ye
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:58 pm

:bravo: Stefan, it sounds great! :casque:

I like how you play the Andantino in terms of tempo (fast compared to delcamp and steady) and the dynamics you used makes it attractive to listen. In my opinion doing it very slow doesn't call my attention. When trying to play it as slow as delcamp did in some parts, I kind of fall asleep while playing :)

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Thanks, I haven't really drawn a comparison in regards to JFD's tempo, I thought he plays it as 'fast' as I do.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 am

:bravo: Stefan. Very good performance. :casque: :casque:

WilliamTee

Post by WilliamTee » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:24 am

Nice play Halil and Stefan. Very clean and confident playing. :bravo: