D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
User avatar
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 4530
Joined: Sun May 30, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: Brest, France

D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:05 pm

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D01.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.



First we will study some technical exercises from volume D01.
Page 55 : Jean-François Delcamp - Gammes en tierces - Scales in third, number 7 and 8.



Finally, we'll look at five tunes, pages 44 to 48.
Page 44 - Anonyme : Chanson italienne

Page 45 - Anonyme : Volt en la majeur (Damp the preceding note with the finger indicated.)

Page 46 - J. A. P. Schulz (1747-1800) Air

Page 47 - Joseph Küffner (1776-1856) Duo opus 168 N°14


Page 48 - Dionisio Aguado (1784-1849) Valse en sol majeur




I ask you first to work on all these exercises and tunes for a week and then to upload your recordings of:
Page 55, number 8 - Jean-François Delcamp - Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Page 45 - Anonyme : Volt en la majeur (Damp the preceding note with the finger indicated.)
Page 48 - Dionisio Aguado (1784-1849) Valse en sol majeur


Good luck!


I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.


Jean-François

---

Exam qualifying submissions:

Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Scott Fountain
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Ben Spurr
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Shelby Brown
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Barbara DiNenno
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Bill Davis
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Archit Junnarkar
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur

Edna Lopez
Gammes en tierces - Scales in third
Volt en la majeur
Valse en sol majeur
:( + ♫ = :)

Robert Goodwin

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Robert Goodwin » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just recieved word that the title of your exam piece for D01 will be anounced on Tuesday 15 April 2014 on the Spanish forum. You will need to be registered on the Spanish forum as a student to participate. There is an 'english' subforum where you can sign up and request student status.


I wish you all, the very best of success with your studies and with the exam.

Remember to tune your guitar before recording. I have noticed a few 'off' sounding recordings in all of the levels recently.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Scott Fountain

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

Here is my lesson 9 submissions.

Scales in thirds 7 and 8
http://youtu.be/r1nqG-palgM

Valse
http://youtu.be/xOU3CQZimSc

Volt
http://youtu.be/m836ZeYqfvQ

Thanks Everyone

Scott Fountain

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Robert Goodwin wrote:Hi everyone,

I have just recieved word that the title of your exam piece for D01 will be anounced on Tuesday 15 April 2014 on the Spanish forum. You will need to be registered on the Spanish forum as a student to participate. There is an 'english' subforum where you can sign up and request student status.


I wish you all, the very best of success with your studies and with the exam.

Remember to tune your guitar before recording. I have noticed a few 'off' sounding recordings in all of the levels recently.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Hi Robert,

I just sent a request in the Spanish forum to join (along with a few others that are taking the exam). I don't know how the others feel, but I don't read Spanish at all and I hope Google translate wasn't leading me astray and screwed me up. In what area of the Spanish forum with the exam be announced?

Thanks,

Scott

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 35303
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by GeoffB » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:26 am

I'm sure Bob will elaborate in due course, but in the meantime let me reassure you that you don't need to read or write Spanish. You can use the English miniforum for your introductory posts. See this FAQ: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687#FAQ7

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Shelby Brown

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Shelby Brown » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Scott Fountain wrote:Hi Everyone,

Here is my lesson 9 submissions.


Thanks Everyone

Hi Scott,

:bravo: Very nice! Timing seemed rushed a little in, I think, Valse. I don't believe you needed to play #7 of the scales. At any rate...very good!

Shelby

Robert Goodwin

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Robert Goodwin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Scott Fountain wrote:
Robert Goodwin wrote:Hi everyone,

I have just recieved word that the title of your exam piece for D01 will be anounced on Tuesday 15 April 2014 on the Spanish forum. You will need to be registered on the Spanish forum as a student to participate. There is an 'english' subforum where you can sign up and request student status.


I wish you all, the very best of success with your studies and with the exam.

Remember to tune your guitar before recording. I have noticed a few 'off' sounding recordings in all of the levels recently.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Hi Robert,

I just sent a request in the Spanish forum to join (along with a few others that are taking the exam). I don't know how the others feel, but I don't read Spanish at all and I hope Google translate wasn't leading me astray and screwed me up. In what area of the Spanish forum with the exam be announced?

Thanks,

Scott
As I said above, there is an english language subforum on the Spanish forum for signing up. Anouncements regarding exams will be on the Spanish forum in the student subforum. Each exam announcement will conatain translations in English and Italian as well as Spanish.

When the announcements commence, I will add a thread here in the student forum to alert everyone and to provide a place for Q&A. In the mean time, you should review your submitted posts to make sure you have at least the minimum qualifications to take the exam. You need to fully participate in at least seven of the lessons prior to the exam. You can submit make-up posts at any time up to a few days before the exam starts. The lists are generally updated daily but not always so don't wait to the last minute.

Best regards,
Bob G.

Scott Fountain

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Scott Fountain » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:12 am

Shelby Brown wrote:
Scott Fountain wrote:Hi Everyone,

Here is my lesson 9 submissions.


Thanks Everyone

Hi Scott,

:bravo: Very nice! Timing seemed rushed a little in, I think, Valse. I don't believe you needed to play #7 of the scales. At any rate...very good!

Shelby

Thanks Shelby!! :merci:

Ben Spurr

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Ben Spurr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Here are two of this lesson, my fingers and wrist got too sore to play the last one right now, I will post it later.

Scales in third, #8, page 55:

[media]https://youtu.be/NBfnqWIXMaI[/media]

Anonyme Volt, page 45:

[media]https://youtu.be/aZQlHbP_PxQ[/media]

Shelby Brown

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Shelby Brown » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi All!

Here are my submissions for lesson 9.

[media]https://youtu.be/8XcRnmAps-Q[/media]


[media]https://youtu.be/ytS_tp-JswE[/media]

[media]https://youtu.be/2irMk6XY40E[/media]


Comments are appreciated!
:merci:
Shelby

Barbara DiNenno

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Barbara DiNenno » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Here are my submissions:

[media]https://youtu.be/kqHiVZJUqgc[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/FbHut4UUlEM[/media]
[media]https://youtu.be/qevOYT8O2kk[/media]

Thanks for listening.
barbara

User avatar
Bill Davis
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:00 am

Hi All,

Please find my posts below. I was a bit behind so I kind of rushed my recordings. I also had a string problem on my open 'D' so I swapped it with another guitar to get through until I can restring with a new set. So the 'D' string sounds a bit out of place at times on valse. I have been waiting for the strings to go bad so I could do a full set up properly as the saddle needs to be setup for proper intonation on this guitar.

Thanks for listening and your feedback is much appreciated. ~ Bill

D01 P55 Gammes en tierces - Scales in third number 8
[media]https://youtu.be/PNq3O-e1Rsk[/media]

D01 P45 - Anonyme - Volt en la majeur
[media]https://youtu.be/OJGQKdGTTMY[/media]

D01 P48 Dionisio Aguado - Valse en sol majeur
[media]https://youtu.be/7oayKeymGms[/media]

User avatar
Bill Davis
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 am

Scott Fountain wrote:Hi Everyone,
Here is my lesson 9 submissions.
Scales in thirds 7 and 8
http://youtu.be/r1nqG-palgM
Valse
http://youtu.be/xOU3CQZimSc
Volt
http://youtu.be/m836ZeYqfvQ
Thanks Everyone
Hi Scott, It all sounds good. I didn't catch if you muted the open 'D' in Valse. It sounded like it was still ringing. Volt seemed to be a little rushed. All in all it was very good. :bravo: Bill

User avatar
Bill Davis
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 am

Barbara DiNenno wrote:Here are my submissions:

Thanks for listening.
barbara
HI Barbara,

Way to go! It all sounded right. In Volt you had a fewer extra string hits but It sounded right. :bravo: Bill

User avatar
Bill Davis
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am
Location: Nevada, USA

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 09

Post by Bill Davis » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:07 am

Shelby Brown wrote:Hi All!

Here are my submissions for lesson 9.

Comments are appreciated!
:merci:
Shelby
Hi Shelby, This all sounded very good. I only noticed a small pause in Volt and in Valse on Bar 10 the second time around something went wrong. It all sounded right though!
:bravo: Bill

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”