Conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by GeoffB » Mon May 19, 2014 10:43 pm

I think you forgot to say which abrsm grade you are currently at, Jon, though in any case I don't know exactly how they compare. So unless someone with experience of both the abrsm and Delcamp grading systems can offer an opinion, your best approach is probably to look through the lessons of the course that is just finishing and see which seem most useful to you, then apply for that in September when the new session starts. You might like to start working through some of them privately in the meantime, then you can keep your options open and will have a better idea when September comes. When you do register, it isn't for any specific level, so If you start one and find it is not appropriate, you can change to another level, though you would need to go back to the first lesson in that new level and catch up from there. You could register to start the lessons now, if you wished to participate actively rather than follow them privately, but bear in mind that at this late stage of the current course there will not be very many other students about to exchange feedback with.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Jon Griffiths

Post by Jon Griffiths » Tue May 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Sorry was meant too say abrsm grade 5 . I will have a look at the lessons the start in September

oldmanblue

Post by oldmanblue » Wed May 21, 2014 10:02 am

i know it is early to be talking of next years lessons,i am thinking of registering but due to a medical condition i cannot hold the neck in the accepted classical postionn would this count against me in the end of year exams if it would there would be no point in me starting the course.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed May 21, 2014 10:47 am

Even if that were the case, I'd say that it would still be useful to take the course, as its main purpose is to improve your playing with the exam being just an optional extra at the end. But I'm pretty sure the unusual neck position (especially if explained) would not count against you as long as the sound you produce is substantially the same as would be produced using the normal technique. In fact you can always submit the exam piece as an audio file (mp3), so it would not then be apparent how you were holding the guitar, as long as the piece sounded right.

The rules say:
Your recording can be audio or video. If you post an audio recording, attach a photograph as proof of your identity. If you post a video, make sure that your face is visible at some point. Introduce yourself at the beginning of your recording by giving your first name and surname. Above all, don't go to any expense to obtain better recording equipment for the sake of this exam. It is only your mastery of the required piece which is being judged.
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

oldmanblue

Post by oldmanblue » Wed May 21, 2014 12:01 pm

thank you for your prompt reply the problem i have is being able to keep my thumb in the middle of the neck this gives me pain in the wrist .once again thank youwhen will i be able to register for the lessons etc?.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed May 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Registration usually opens a day or two before the new session starts, at the beginning of September. The details given in the first post of this topic, including the suggested advertising posters, will be updated nearer that time. You may find it helpful in the meantime to look through some of the current lessons, get a feel for them and perhaps practise them privately, so that you're ready to hit the ground running in September.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Archit Junnarkar

Post by Archit Junnarkar » Fri May 23, 2014 7:24 am

From where do we download our diplomas for D01 ?

--Edit : Ok I found it :) --
http://www.guitarraclasicadelcamp.com/v ... 26&t=21113

Giles Harris

Post by Giles Harris » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:37 pm

It's too late for me too catch up with the current years lessons - Can i register now for the september 2014 start date & access the 2013 course material to get an idea of what's to come?

I also need to sort out my pc, who's sound card has just died on me & sort out how to record my stuff...

I agree to the conditions and have put some posters up publicising the lessons in the libraries where I live/work & the schools my kids go to - local college & wife's work await....

thanks in advance

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Giles,

Registration is not yet open for the next session, so you will need to wait until the beginning of September in order to do that, unless you want to participate actively in the current lessons in the meantime. The way it works is that all the current registrations will get cancelled just before the new session starts, and the list is then rebuilt from new registrations, both from completely new students and from current students wishing to re-register for another year. There will be updated conditions and posters available nearer the time.

The good news is that you can access the current lessons and related sheet music without having to register, assuming you are working on them on your own and don't need to join in actively in the classes. As you said, it's quite useful to get a preview of what to expect, and get into practice ready for the new session.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Jay Gutknecht

Post by Jay Gutknecht » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:32 pm

I agree to the conditions and have posted the Ad to my facebook page. HTTP://www.facebook.com/JayGutknecht I would appreciate if I could be added the student group to get an early start and apply for the next September's class. Thank you in advance. D01

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 am

Hi Jay,

I've added you to the group on the assumption that you want to start actively participating in the current lessons, though be aware that there will probably not be a lot of feedback this late in the session, when most students have moved on. Let me know if you only intend to follow the lessons on your own, without posting, because then you don't need to be registered and I can take you back out of the group.

As for the new September session, you will need to register again for that at the beginning of September (see my previous post above yours for the explanation).

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Jay Gutknecht

Post by Jay Gutknecht » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:43 am

I plan to just go through the lessons now and apply for the September classes when they come available. Just want to get a little head start. For some reason it won't let me download the material it says I don't have permissions to do so. Think my request for the 002 group hasn't been approved or something.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:46 am

Jay Gutknecht wrote:Think my request for the 002 group hasn't been approved or something.
Sorry about that, Jay. :desole:

002 registration used to happen automatically with a member's 2nd post, but that's been changed recently. I've added you to the Group now, so you should be able to download the material. If you still have any problems with it, let us know. Otherwise, enjoy! :)

Alan

Jay Gutknecht

Post by Jay Gutknecht » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 am

Thanks so much again.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:44 am

Glad to hear that's sorted out, Jay. As you won't need to be in the students group for what you're intending to do, I've taken you out of it again.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”