Conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
ehs

Re: Conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by ehs » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Please enroll me in the students group.
Thank you. :merci:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:07 pm

Hi ehs,

In order to apply for the students group, you would first need to read and satisfy the conditions given in the very first post in this topic (here), the main ones in your case being that you'd need to request a change of your username to your real full name, advertise the lessons in some way (e.g. by putting up a poster or mentioning them on Facebook or to your friends, etc.) and then confirm here that you've done that.

Please bear in mind, however, that the current session of the course is finished, though the lessons will remain available until September, when the whole course will be repeated from the beginning. The lessons rely on feedback from other students, but most students have now moved on, so if you sign up now to work on the current lessons, you may find you're the only one working on the earlier lessons and so you probably won't get much feedback, if any.

You can still go ahead, if you wish, after fulfilling the conditions I mentioned, in the hope that other latecomers will join you, or that earlier students may look in and offer some feedback.

Or you could wait until September to register for the new session. In the meantime, you will still be able to view the current lessons and practise them by yourself without needing to register. Then you'll have a head start when the new session begins. The only thing you won't be able to do without registering is to post your recordings in the lessons. Just let me know what you decide.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Steven Bilodeau

Post by Steven Bilodeau » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:09 pm

I am interested in the lessons but the course schedule doesn't seem to include June. Also, I'm not really sure what level I am.
How do you figure that out. I can read music as long as its not too complicated and I can play tab much better where some
of the pieces I purchase are considered 2 to 3 level with that particular composer.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi Steven,

The course consists of ten lessons, starting in September each year and appearing monthly. The current session is finished, but the lessons are still available until the course is repeated next September. You could register to join the group now and make a start on the first few of the old lessons, bearing in mind that you'll only have time for two or three lessons before they start up again, when you'll need to go back to the beginning, and also bearing in mind that most students have now moved on, so there is not likely to be much feedback on your recordings. Or you can wait to join up in September, and in the meantime you can work through privately at your own pace. You can still see the lessons and access the music without needing to register, as long as you're not actively participating and posting recordings.

As for the appropriate level, it's hard to say, but the best thing is probably to look through some of the previous lessons at various levels to see which feel sufficiently challenging without being too difficult. The levels are based on the number of years training at the music school where M. Delcamp teaches, so D01 is the first year, etc. If you decide to wait until September to enrol, you'll have time to try out a few of the lessons in advance and decide which suits you best. It's up to you though.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

kiem

Post by kiem » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Not sure if this is late to post but the flyer just expired.

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Hello Kiem, and welcome!

Yes, it appears that the lessons run from September to June each year (just like a regular school year).

I have just registered you to the 002 group. This will give you access to the first 3 levels of the Delcamp Collection. You can look over the material and find the level you are most comfortable with. Then you can register for the lessons in September.

Happy practicing! :chitarrista:

Alan

kiem

Post by kiem » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Thank you Tarbaby, I can get a head start :)

Thd5919

Post by Thd5919 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi Geoff
Can you please register me in the student group
Thanks
TD

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi TD,

You'll probably find it much better to wait until September and join with the new intake when the lessons restart, as you're unlikely to get much feedback at the moment, since the current session has finished and most students have moved on. If you really want to register now, I can do that, but there are certain conditions to satisfy first. You can read about them, and a lot of other advice about following the lessons and options for late starters, in the FAQ topic here.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

Thd5919

Post by Thd5919 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks Geoff. I will register in September.

John Hughes
Student of the online lessons

Post by John Hughes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 am

I would like to apply for the upcoming season. I posted a notice for this site at my local library work and will post updated information on Facebook as well as other places.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:40 am

Hi Johnny,

Unfortunately I cannot register you for the next semester just yet, because all the student registrations will be cleared before the start of the lessons early September. Please look at this space in 4 weeks time. There will be a message posted in a separate thread saying that the registrations for 2014-2015 lessons have started, and this "Conditions for..." thread will be cleared of old messages containing only the introductory post by M. Delcamp.

Meanwhile, there is one more condition that you have to meet in order to participate in the lessons:
1. You must be registered on the forum with your real forename and surname. To change your username, post a request in the forum: "Your messages to the site administrator".
Marko
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Alvin Yap

Post by Alvin Yap » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:08 pm

Hello Moderators!
I just put up the indicated message on my blog at http://windywuff.blogspot.com.au/2014/0 ... -camp.html

Will probably need to update it to reflect this year's course when it's up :) If not, I'd love to check out the videos prior to the course starting. I also only have a travel guitar due to the nature of my work, hopefully that won't pose a problem!

Cheers!

Alvin

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:03 am

Hello Alvin,

You don't need to be registered as a student to get access to videos. '002 posted messages' usergroup membership is enough for that, and you already are in that group. That membership also gives you access to Delcamp score collection for levels D01, D02 and D03. However there is an issue with using the travel guitar to participate in the lessons when they start in September. From the 'FAQs for lessons' thread:
Can I use just any guitar?

You will need to use a classical guitar (or at least an acoustic guitar with no internal pickups or amplification).
There is naturally nothing to prevent you from practicing with the travel guitar, but submitting your recordings is part of the lessons, and those recordings should be made with a proper classical guitar.

The way I see it, you have two options. Either acquire a classical guitar (a relatively inexpensive model will do), and use that for the recordings even when you do most of your practice with the travel guitar. The other option is to participate in the lessons without submitting any recordings. You could still participate in the discussion, give other students feedback etc. But without submitting recordings you would not get any direct feedback from others, and you couldn't participate in the end of year exams. You also do not need to register as a student to follow the lessons in that way.

The registering for the lessons starts approximately in 4 weeks time, so you'll have some time to consider this. If you have any further questions (especially when the answer cannot be found in the FAQ thread), please don't hesitate to ask.

Marko
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Alvin Yap

Post by Alvin Yap » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:27 am

Hi Marko,
Many thanks! I'll see if I can find a used classical guitar I could use for the course. Cheers!

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”