Conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Zafar Haq
Student of the online lessons

Re: Conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Zafar Haq » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi,
My online name is haqzaf. As soon I, found this site, I immediately apply to register myself. I did read the forum rules.
I'm requesting to enroll myself D01 course 2014,2015.I did bought my Classical Spanish guitar Yesterday. I'm currently watching and learning online Classical Guitar lessons taught by "LessonsByJames" on youtube channel. I did post publicity mail on that channel to attract more people. Link is as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4CSr1M ... BC342431EB
Thanks

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi haqzaf,

In order to register for the course, you still need to do the following:
- Request a user name change to your full name, as is required in the Conditions for participating in the lessons first post. You can request the change by posting a new topic in here.

- Introduce yourself in the Introduce yourself section, if you haven't already done so. There is guidance on how to do that, and some ideas on things to say, in the How To Write A Great Introductory Post topic.

- Finally, we're not ready to accept registrations for the course just yet. When you have done the two things above, please check back here at On-line classical guitar lessons forum in one or two weeks time. You should see a thread called "Register for 2014-2015 lessons now" or something to that effect to let you know that the registrations have begun. When that happens please post a new message asking to register in this same thread. The messages that have been posted here will likely have been deleted by that time to make room for the new session.

Marko
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi, Marko,
Nice to see your reply.
I'll comply as you lay down the steps for 2014-15 registration session. Thanks

ragdoll serenade

Post by ragdoll serenade » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:55 pm

As regarding the discussion in the Cafe regarding online privacy and security, I would like to make a request that the requirement to use real names be dropped for the upcoming classes. Perhaps if someone does not want to use their real name, maybe they could forgo the Certificate or could submit their name at the end to receive that. Thank you.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 am

Well, whats wrong with using your real name for the lessons? Do you need to hide that you are taking lessons? Delcamp, moderators and other guitarists and composers use their real name. You are not giving telephone number or address. You are given your name and location, which is something you would do in google, youtube, facebook, etc.

kenaces

Post by kenaces » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:57 am

ragdoll serenade wrote:As regarding the discussion in the Cafe regarding online privacy and security, I would like to make a request that the requirement to use real names be dropped for the upcoming classes. Perhaps if someone does not want to use their real name, maybe they could forgo the Certificate or could submit their name at the end to receive that. Thank you.
maybe i am paranoid but i do agree with this especially as i don't care about any certificate :D

ragdoll serenade

Post by ragdoll serenade » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:28 am

Well, whats wrong with using your real name for the lessons? Do you need to hide that you are taking lessons? Delcamp, moderators and other guitarists and composers use their real name. You are not giving telephone number or address. You are given your name and location, which is something you would do in google, youtube, facebook, etc.
Aside from just generally guarding my privacy, I don't have a compelling reason, and if I did it would not be your concern. There are others that do have more compelling reasons and you should the read the discussion in the Cafe. (I have never been the victim of that type of harassment but I know people that have.) In general the moderators are not required to use their real names that I can tell.

BTW, I have no interest in Facebook, twitter etc. and I use a pseudonym on youtube as is my choice. Perhaps I will participate this year using my name, even if the requirement stays in place. I haven't really decided if I want to dedicate the time to it yet.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:21 am

The requirement for the online lessons students to use their real name comes from Professor Delcamp. If you wish to change that policy, you need to talk with him directly, or possibly consult with the English forum chief moderator GeoffB via a PM. Discussing the requirement in this soon to be obsolete registration thread is not likely to have any effect, because M. Delcamp probably will not read it. But as we are so near to the start of the next session, I wouldn't be too optimistic about a policy change in such short notice.

As a moderator I cannot register anyone not using their real name to lessons, until I hear that policy has changed. You will of course have the option to follow the lessons without posting recordings, in which case you do not need to register, and therefore do not need to change to your real name, nor satisfy any of the other conditions for the lessons.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 am

Yes, ragdoll serenade, you are right about some moderators who dont use their real name, I didnt payed attention to this before. I read a bit about this thread before but the discussion doesnt get much farther since there are different opinions. I guess Mr Delcamp will have the last word.

Jesse Knapp

Post by Jesse Knapp » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello,

I would like to commit to the Lessons at first-year music school level (D01) when the opportunity becomes available if possible. I have read the original post and registered using my real name. I will share the information via social media when the new schedule or jpg becomes available or I could share the general one. I am looking forward to learning with all of you. I should be able to record video with decent quality sound through a Zoom recording device that I have. I think I should be able to configure it through my desktop with a webcam. Excited about learning! :merci:

Brian Hunker

Post by Brian Hunker » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Hey Ragdoll,

I have a simpler solution to your privacy concern. Just pick a name that sounds real. Consider it a nom de guitare. No one will ever find out if you don't give your real name.

How about "Rodolfo Serentino" or "Ragan Serenson"?

:reflechir:

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:32 am

Brian, that 's a creative idea, but if if you do that you aren't fulfilling delcamp's condition of using your real name. Yes no one will know but you know you arent telling the truth. What if one day you decide you really want your certificate or you need to reveal your true identity for some reason. Then you will have to say that wasnt your real name.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:37 am

Jesse Knapp wrote:I would like to commit to the Lessons at first-year music school level (D01) when the opportunity becomes available if possible...
Welcome to the lessons Jesse! Please make sure to post again in this thread when the registration for the next season opens.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Ryan Cummings

Post by Ryan Cummings » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Any information as to when registration for the new sessions will begin?
"Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all of its pupils." - Hector Berlioz

Rajesh Dhungel

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:23 am

Can one one have idea when the D01 lessons are going to start this year(2014) :merci:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”