D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Haris Karachristianidis
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 pm

Paul, you learned all pieces very quickly!

In my opinion all exercises and pieces are played very well!

:bravo:

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 pm

The audio quality is amazing! I can't wait to hear your future submissions Paul.

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 am

Your recordings are so good. :bravo:
I'm a bit scared that I'm not going to be able to play them all in one week.... :oops:
nok

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:46 pm

Paul -

What a terrific set of performances! I am sorry we didn't get to see you play, but hearing it is pretty awesome. I believe that video with audio is the ideal, but audio-only is acceptable if circumstances require it.

I admit having a hard time judging Polyphonie because your tempo was so much quicker than that of M. Delcamp. It sounded fine, but short of some extreme scrutiny with Audacity or some other audio program, I can't really comment on your timing.

Marazula was a true pleasure to hear. I am still fumbling my way through it, very very far from any consistent tempo or even having the notes committed to memory (practicing 18 separate pieces over the last week really reduces the amt of time you can spend with any single one of them!). I did detect some background noise in your recording, which is no mark against your playing, but if you want some kind of archival record of your performance for your own benefit or that of your family, you may wish to re-record it. At first it sounded like a tea kettle starting to whistle, but toward the end it sounded more like a distant, high-pitched power tool like a circular saw.

The arpeggios were very nice as well. Again, I heard some background noise - but this time it sounded more like your breathing and/or hand movements on the neck. Where is your mic placement? You might want to experiment with it.

I like Andantino as well.

Bravo! Good luck with your last year of school. What are you studying?

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:03 pm

At page 63 Mattéo CARCASSI in measures 6-8 do we have to damp the resonances like in the 1st part? Thank you

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:06 pm

I see no musical reason to play the second part differently than the first. I find the damping in those measures actually easier than the first part / the rest of the piece. To get the maximum benefit from this piece as a study, I would suggest to start with only 'p' damping, and only after being reasonably confident with that add 'i' damping as well. I've always found it difficult to damp with 'i' at the same time when 'm' or 'a' is playing, but the more you practice it, the easier it gets. If you find the p-i damping hard, I would suggest to first get the feel of it by not playing the melody notes (with m or a) at all, just the p-i bass with damping.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Marko, thank you again for help!

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:43 am

I cant see Paul's submission on my smartphone on tapatalk. When I click on the link for his recordings, it says I am not authorized too see it. I wondered if it is not supported on tapatalk. I have hardly time too sit at the computer and I quickly got used to tapatalk.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:15 am

Bea, I'm sorry that you can't see my submissions. I've just logged into tapatalk on my iPad and I'm seeing the same message as you (You are not authorised to download this attachment). Perhaps I've uploaded these wrong? :( Does anyone know if I am supposed to set some sort of permissions or something?

With that said, you're not missing out on much but if you like I can sing them to you : "Da, Dum, Da, Dee, Doo, Dee Da" :lol: :lol:

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks Paul :), I ll get to listen to them sometime when I sit at the computer.

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Beatriz Martin wrote:I cant see Paul's submission on my smartphone on tapatalk. When I click on the link for his recordings, it says I am not authorized too see it. I wondered if it is not supported on tapatalk. I have hardly time too sit at the computer and I quickly got used to tapatalk.
When I click on the paul's link on tapatalk, tapatalk redirect me to internet explorer to Delcamp forum start page. On this page It says : "..not autorized to see ..". Then I click Login button on forum page, login with usrname and password and click on check box "Log me on automatically each visit" .
My smartphone ask to remember my login data, I say YES. Then I close my internet explorer and then when i again click Paul's link on tapatalk, tapatalk redirect me on internet explorer and download Paul's mp3 file on my Smartphone.
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:47 pm

Hi Goran, thats great to know, the problem with me is that I dont have space on my smartphone for downloading. But you gave a good solution, I just need to sort out the space problem.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:40 pm

Has anyone gotten a handle on the trills (measures 2 and 18) used in the Gaillarde? I'm finding the open string trill in measure 18
impossible to play and I'm not sure I'm playing the measure two trill right either.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:19 pm

On Gaillarde, for mesure 2 I use the fingering recomended like the second finger for G, the fourth finger for high A and the first finger for F sharp. Then for measure 18, I use fingers 3,4 for D and B and fingers 1,2 for A and C sharp as recommended; after that I use finger 3 for D and finger 2 for F#. Then I start measure 19 with finger 4 for the D. After writing all of this I can conclude I follow delcamp's fingering. :) what are you finding difficult specifically?

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry Halil, I realized you talk about open string, do you refer to the E on first string?

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”