D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Haris Karachristianidis
Student of the online lessons

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 01

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Carl, very nice playing!
Polyphonies are very good!
Arpeggi sound very nice, there are some positions where transitions should be faster, like Bea and Paul mentioned, but otherwise very good.
I love your Schiarazula Marazula! Slow tempo, very nice playing, romantic and melancholic sound!

:bravo:

Do you play without nails?

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:03 am

I did it in the end :D
Still one more to go but I think I should upload these ones first.
Thanks everyone for all your encouragement.
Duang
Carulli - Arpeggi de tre note.MP3
Carulli - Arpeggi di quatro note.MP3
Mainerio - Schiarazula Marazula.MP3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Duang,

:bravo:

Well done on posting your recordings. See, it wasn't so bad after all was it. :D

Your Arpeggi di tre note was très bon (which I think means very good) as my french speaking sister would say!! Your Arpeggi di quatro note was also good. A couple of transitions were a little unclean but I am sure that as you continue to play these pieces these changes will become much easier and smoother for you. I also really liked the fact that you played them at a tempo that was right for you. Too often we guitarist (and I am definitely at fault here) try to play things faster then we are ready for so Kudos to you for not doing this.

To me your Schiarazula Marazula was your best piece. I really enjoyed listening to this.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to hearing your lesson 02 submissions in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Paul

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Duang, congratulations for your 1st recording! :bravo:

I enjoyed all your pieces. As Paul says as you continue to play these pieces some transitions will become easier and quicker.
I like very much the sound of your guitar/playing.

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:33 pm

Haris Karachristianidis wrote: Do you play without nails?
Usually, yes. When I recorded those my nails were at avg length, not that short. But also not shaped either.

I have found playing with nails to be a particular challenge to do consistently, an added burden of effort and practice that I'd rather not spend time on. Sometimes I can do it well; other times, the string gets caught under my nail and really snaps back loudly.

Learning the music, overcoming nerves, mastering LH fretting and RH playing requires enough time and effort for me. I am also a fan, if not strictly a disciple, of Rob Mackillop's no-nails style in this regard.
Last edited by CarlWestman on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CarlWestman

Post by CarlWestman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Duang,

Good work on your recordings. I thought your timing on the 3-note arpeggio was very good - metronome-like. Again, you were smart to slow down to the pace at which you felt comfortable. Do not worry about mistakes, but keep practicing. Also, it sounded like you left out some of the second half of Marazula.

Keep practicing - and it may help you to listen to the example video that M. Delcamp provides so you can internalize the melody, tempo, etc. From there you can modify it if you wish, but it's a good idea to first be able to perform the music as written before you go off on your own musical direction.

Don't forget to post the Polyphonie pieces. That may be important to have this lesson be one of the 7 you need to qualify for the final.

What are you using to record? There's quite a bit of noise. A better recorder or recording setup will let the sound of your guitar shine.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Great work Duang!
I noticed the same thing that others pointed out. The arpeggio 3 note was very good. As for arpeggio 4 and Schiarzula they are pretty good, you just need a bit more practice to played them fluently. You could to reduce the noise next time although it didn't impede that we heard your recording. In order to take the text if you are interested you will need to submit the polyphonies. See you in lesson 2 :!:
:bye:

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Here are my last two pieces for lesson 1. :)
Thank you very much to all of you - Bea, Paul, Carl and Haris.
Polyphony No.1.MP3
Polyphony No.2.MP3
CarlWestman wrote:What are you using to record? There's quite a bit of noise. A better recorder or recording setup will let the sound of your guitar shine.
I have used a school's mp3 recorder and I think the noise is from air-con. I have turned it off this morning when trying to record these two pieces, hope it's a bit help. :oops:
Duang
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:49 am

Hi Duang,

Well done. I must say that your timing is excellent. I was counting along as I listened to your polyphonies and you are like a machine!!

Also turning off the air-con made a huge difference - it eliminated nearly all of the background noise. I would recommend doing the same for future recordings if you can cope with the heat (I assume that if you are running an air-con it must be hot where you are?).

Cheers,
Paul

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:09 am

Very nice Polyphonies Duang!Nice timing, sound and less background noise.

abel

Post by abel » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi Haris,
Your Gaillarde is really good. Congratulations.

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:10 pm

abel, I am happy you liked it, thank you a lot!

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:17 pm

Hi Haris and Halil, I loved that you learned Gaillarde, I've had a hard time learning it. How long did it take for you to learn it?. Did you practice continually for some days? I started to learn it, then I dropped it, then started again, like that. Yesterday I tried to practice doing the segments parts as Paul suggested, especially that part where all the eight notes are together and fast. Can you give me some feedback please? Thanks

[media]https://youtu.be/5erKiGOKbKg[/media]

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:34 pm

Bea, your Gaillarde is very nice! The sound too. There are some notes that you play less time as they should, I listen again and i will tell you in which meters, but you are almost there. I played it every day for some days together with Schiarazula. The most difficult thing of this piece is to understand the timing.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Yes, the timing kills me, I have to figure this much slower than delcamp and with the correct duration of notes.

Bea :)

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”