D03 Classical guitar lesson 02

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Haris Karachristianidis

Re: D03 Classical guitar lesson 02

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm

I hope everything will go well with your exams!
Find some time to practice exercise 9 everyday. You can't catch up with this in a few days only...

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi, can you guys, please give me feedback on this exercise? My hand and fingers don't hurts anymore, but i still need flexibility. Thanks
[media]https://youtu.be/mgkMqRsxfcU[/media]

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Also, Haris, I ve been studying the Gaillarde piece on lesson 1, I just put a video there, can you look at it, please? I gather since you and Halil learned it you could suggest something for me to improve my learning. Thanks a lot,

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:47 pm

The exercise is at a good level. A little more practice and it will be excellent. It seems to me that the most difficult part, stretchings are OK.

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:08 pm

Haris Karachristianidis wrote:I hope everything will go well with your exams!
Find some time to practice exercise 9 everyday. You can't catch up with this in a few days only...
Thanks for the kind wishes Haris. Thanks also for your advice on exercise 9. I will make sure that I at least start working on this exercise this week!!

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 pm

Paul Janssen wrote:I fear I will be the last to submit this month. I am in the middle of my final exams with only one more week to go and then I'm done. :D :D However, this means I haven't done much practice at all over the last couple of weeks :( :(
Hi Paul... GOOD LUCK on your exams. :)
Beatriz Martin wrote:Hi, can you guys, please give me feedback on this exercise? My hand and fingers don't hurts anymore, but i still need flexibility.
Hi Bea
I like your stretching and agree with Haris that the exercise is at a good level. :)

Stefan Srećković

Post by Stefan Srećković » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Duang, you need to close your quote tags in order for them to work. I've edited your posts to reflect the aforementioned.

So it's a bit like this:
[ quote = "Name" ] quoted text [ / quote ]

Alternatively you could just use the quote button to quote a particular post. :bye:

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 am

Stefan Srećković wrote:Duang, you need to close your quote tags in order for them to work. I've edited your posts to reflect the aforementioned.
Thanks Stefan. One more thing I have learmed :D
Duang

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks for the comments, I will practice a bit more.

Bea :)

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:24 am

Beatriz Martin wrote:Thanks for the comments, I will practice a bit more.

Bea :)
I have the opposite problem, movements have become automatic, but stretches are still difficult, but of course less than in the beginning.

Halil Akaydin

Post by Halil Akaydin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 am

My submissions for this month. Good practicing to everyone. :bye:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi Halil,
Well done in all submissions.
In reference to the classical guitar exercises I prefer to see a video and not listen to the recording. I know most of you can't record because of different circumstances, etc. I don't mind listening to pieces but in case of exercises I prefer to see people doing them because on a video I can see how they stretch the fingers, stops notes, etc. This is my opinion.
Your Sor piece is very nice. If I were you I would try to add a bit more speed. But it is excellent. I don't see anything else to criticize.
:bye:

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Beatriz Martin wrote:Hi, can you guys, please give me feedback on this exercise? My hand and fingers don't hurts anymore, but i still need flexibility. Thanks
[media]https://youtu.be/mgkMqRsxfcU[/media]
Hi Bea,

Now that I've had a chance to try this exercise there's a couple of things that I've noticed that have helped me a lot:

1. I bring me elbow in closer to my body. This helps me get a better position for my left hand.
2. For the last stretch, one thing that has helped is for me to place fingers 1, 2 & 3 on the 2nd string and then place my fourth finger on the last string. The purpose of this is so that I could work out the best position for my fourth finger. Then, when I do this I lift fingers 2 and 3 and play the exercise again. Once I've repeated this over and over (so that I'm training my fourth finger where to go) I then do the exercise again and it helps a lot with getting the last stretch. I would say that I can now get the last stretch cleaning about half to the time. Prior to doing this, I couldn't get the last stretch at all. (I hope this all makes sense?).

Cheers,
Paul

Paul Janssen

Post by Paul Janssen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 am

Halil Akaydin wrote:My submissions for this month. Good practicing to everyone. :bye:
Hi Halil,

First cab off the rank this month - well done!!

Your exercise 9 is very good. The only small critique is that it sounds like you may be lifting your fourth finger for the last stretch. I don't think it will matter for the submissions, but for your own benefit/practice, it is worth trying to play the last stretch whilst still holding down the fourth finger. See my post above to Bea for some tips that have helped me with this last stretch. They may not work for you but then again who knows?

Your exercise 41 is excellent. Sounds just like a police siren!!

Your Opus 35 was delightful. The one thing you might want to try and do is get it so that it is more connected. If you listen to M. Delcamp's version and then listen to your version you can hear that yours is little (not much, just a little) choppy in parts. Other than this small thing overall it is still very good.

Regards,
Paul

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:53 am

Hi Halil,
Well done! I like your Sor Opus 35, the speed is fine for me, mine seems to be slower..
Both exercises are very good, very steady...
Duang :D

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”