D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:53 pm

Hello Colin,
I want to practise playing in other positions than the first one with these simple tunes, so I play these pieces in my way. Except if it is a real technical exercise as si si re that I play as suggested.
Mikko
glad to hear no problem with hand.
I understand now what you are trying to achieve. We obviously have very different objectives. I am treating every piece as a technical exercise, so I will be following the fingering as shown until I have practiced the techniques in the exercise.
Hope you achieve your goals
all the best
Colin

Colin Bullock
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1110
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:16 pm
Location: NW London, England

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:56 pm

Bert
I prefer the way you posted the 1st 3 mp3s. The dailymotion one keeps trying to play me ads and won't let go at the end!

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:44 am

Hi Madeleine
Your posts are fine
All notes are there and rhythm good, dampening at right places
Finger picking identical to music and generally positioned close to fretboard
Good job
:)

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:40 am

Hi Zhihao
I can hear that you have been practising
Notes are all there but Madeleine is right about the missed rest in Leccion 5a first line, I missed it and music is about attention to detail that I must concentrate on as well in my own efforts
Your tempo in Si Si Re was astray in a minor way in one or two places but I can't talk
I do like the way you control your left hand where your fingers are never too far away from the fretboard
Good effort mate :)

PaulAshley

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by PaulAshley » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:37 am

Deleted due to duplication.
Last edited by PaulAshley on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaulAshley

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by PaulAshley » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:38 am

"Leccion 5a" has been driving me nuts and this slow-tempo effort may be the best I can do before Wednesday.

A new string snapped on my New World Player guitar (that may have something to do with the increased break angle on my newly-converted 12-hole bridge) and I had to switch to the very first guitar I owned, a 1967 Japanese-made Aria. I don't play it much as the intonation isn't great, but it's an old friend.

[media]https://youtu.be/9VbXxREmbFw[/media]

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:55 am

Hi Mikko
All the notes were there and tempo okay and I like the tone of your guitar
Occasional buzz but as I wouldn't know what notes to play in the fifth position I can't comment on too much technicals detail
Thank you for your comments on rhythm and practising tempo, I think my wife said the same when I try to dance
I try to concentrate on one particular aspect at a time hoping that it will all integrate or come together as my control and understanding hopefully improve. I love trying and am quietly chuffed that I can manage to put a few notes together and will grimly continue o practice
Regards

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:01 am

Thanks Colin
I will persevere and hope time stays with me - I usually start slowly and use metronome although I prefer to watch The Professor's demo as benchmark. I can disclose that I am not a natural
:D

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:14 am

Hi Paul
Leccion 5a had all notes and timing. Your body language looks very controlled.
Did I hear a slight buzz?
Good job Paul

Claude Huddy

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:21 am

Hi Bert
You have to watch those cooking class lessons mate
I have been unable to view I'd listen to your music lesson post but will try again on a desktop when I am near one
Regards

PaulAshley

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by PaulAshley » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 am

Claude Huddy wrote:Hi Paul
Leccion 5a had all notes and timing. Your body language looks very controlled.
Did I hear a slight buzz?
Good job Paul
After replaying it I noticed one note near the end that I may not have fingered solidly, giving it a slightly tinny sound. That may have been what you heard. I may try to record this again but then again I may not press my luck :D

zhihao-wang

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by zhihao-wang » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:58 am

Hi Colin
I admit I didn't pay attention to damping too much. But I think it might be less severe than my other problems, such as rhythm and RH position. I think I should correct those issues first.
Anyway, damping is a problem to me and thank you to remind me that.

Zhihao
Colin Bullock wrote: Zhihao
Agree with Madeleine and Zafar, it will come with practice.
In Leccion 5 you appear to miss the damping of the G, end of bar 4 and elsewhere.

zhihao-wang

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by zhihao-wang » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:11 am

Hi Claude

Thanks for your comments. I'd like to practise more on rhythm.

I would put my left hand fingers into position slightly before plucking the strings. If the left hand fingers feel like not touch the fretboard, I would move it down a bit. Hope it helps.

Zhihao
Claude Huddy wrote:Hi Zhihao
I can hear that you have been practising
Notes are all there but Madeleine is right about the missed rest in Leccion 5a first line, I missed it and music is about attention to detail that I must concentrate on as well in my own efforts
Your tempo in Si Si Re was astray in a minor way in one or two places but I can't talk
I do like the way you control your left hand where your fingers are never too far away from the fretboard
Good effort mate :)

Mikko Helenius
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:19 am
Location: Helsinki - Finland

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Mikko Helenius » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:50 am

Claude Huddy wrote:Hi Mikko
All the notes were there and tempo okay and I like the tone of your guitar
Occasional buzz but as I wouldn't know what notes to play in the fifth position I can't comment on too much technicals detail
Thank you for your comments on rhythm and practising tempo, I think my wife said the same when I try to dance
I try to concentrate on one particular aspect at a time hoping that it will all integrate or come together as my control and understanding hopefully improve. I love trying and am quietly chuffed that I can manage to put a few notes together and will grimly continue o practice
Regards

Hello Claude and thank you for the comments.

In my opinion, in making music with the guitar there are two main aspects to keep in mind: the rhythm and pitch. So if you are able to play the right notes at the right time you have a solid foundation for the piece, everything else tempo, phrasing, articulation, damping etc.. are only decorations. You could try to use a metronome or try clap your hands or speak out loud the rhythm and watch Delcamp examples while humming the tune to get a feel of the pulse. Remember to start slow and have fun!

User avatar
Bert Stendahl
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:35 am
Location: Sweden

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Bert Stendahl » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Now I know.
Colin Bullock wrote:Bert
The dailymotion one keeps trying to play me ads and won't let go at the end!
Never Mind the Bollocks

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”