D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Stewart Doyle
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi Pentti, very well played - like my versions, they would benefit from more practice, particularly the ornamentation, but I suspect you are already working on Lesson 4 now. If you've seen Gabriel's recordings he's set a high standard!
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:55 am

Greetings all,
We had a recent holiday break (Thanksgiving) in the U.S., and many families are preparing for Christmas so there's been less time to practice/play :-)

With that said, here's an upload of the Polyponie 109 exercise and a slow tempo reading of Wascha Mesa, have not gotten this up to full tempo yet.

Polyponie #109
[media]https://youtu.be/LEo8YBEBJeE[/media]

Wascha Mesa
[media]https://youtu.be/Al-lDnL7ZL0[/media]
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Gabriel-guégan

Post by Gabriel-guégan » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:05 pm

John Montes wrote:With that said, here's an upload of the Polyponie 109 exercise and a slow tempo reading of Wascha Mesa, have not gotten this up to full tempo yet.
Hello John
You had well decrypt Wascha mesa and played it witn a nice ton but rhythmic is false. Arpeggiating chords is nice but here be careful to not move the rhythm. All yours eigthth have not same duration. Before increasing tempo it seems me important to correct that point
:bye: Gabriel

David.Smyth

Post by David.Smyth » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I got a quiet hour to myself last night so managed to get these recordings done. Here are my versions of Wascha Mesa & El Postillon De La Rioja.

Hans NUESIEDLER - -WASCHA MESA
[media]https://youtu.be/hAjmW2jUA0A?rel=0[/media]

Cristóbal OUDRID - EL POSTILLON DE LA RIOJA
[media]https://youtu.be/3W9I0amsCIY?rel=0[/media]
D05 Student
Guitar: Yamaha G-235 (1980)
Strings: D'Addario Pro-Arté EJ45 Normal Tension
Recorder: Canon mvx250i & Roland R-09HR

David.Smyth

Post by David.Smyth » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:00 am

John Montes wrote:Greetings all,
We had a recent holiday break (Thanksgiving) in the U.S., and many families are preparing for Christmas so there's been less time to practice/play :-)

With that said, here's an upload of the Polyponie 109 exercise and a slow tempo reading of Wascha Mesa, have not gotten this up to full tempo yet.

Polyponie #109
[media]https://youtu.be/LEo8YBEBJeE[/media]

Wascha Mesa
[media]https://youtu.be/Al-lDnL7ZL0[/media]
Hi John,

Wascha Mesa is coming along nicely. Like Gabriel has already noted, the rhythm needs a bit of attention. I played this one very slowly with the metronome to get the note durations and rhythm figured before gradually increasing the tempo. Trying this approach for a while might help?

David
D05 Student

Goran Penic

Post by Goran Penic » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:11 pm

David.Smyth wrote:Hi Guys,

I got a quiet hour to myself last night so managed to get these recordings done. Here are my versions of Wascha Mesa & El Postillon De La Rioja.
:bravo: David, very good.
It requires a little more practice (especially Postillon), but very good performance.
:bye:
Guitar: Mirko Hotko 1989
Strings: D'Addario EJ46TT Pro Arte Dynacore Hard Tension
Recorder: Olympus LS-20M

David.Smyth

Post by David.Smyth » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:27 am

Thanks for the feedback Goran. Quite right - both need a bit more work to get them "right". I found Postillon quite challenging; it is musically a lot different from what I usually play and I found maintaining the rhythm in some places was difficult. But it has to be good for us to try something "different" from time to time. On to the lesson 04 pieces!
D05 Student

Pentti Kotilainen

Post by Pentti Kotilainen » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Stewart Doyle wrote:Hi Pentti, very well played - like my versions, they would benefit from more practice, particularly the ornamentation, but I suspect you are already working on Lesson 4 now. If you've seen Gabriel's recordings he's set a high standard!
Thank you Stewart for your kind words. You are totally right - more practice is needed here. Yes, Gabriel is making fantastic job just as you too. I've learned many things when looking your and Gabriel's playing. Thanks to both of you.

John and David are also doing excellent job.

Best regards
Pentti

ChrisCapener

Post by ChrisCapener » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Guys,

Well done everybody. This year is a lot harder for me than last year - but just to show you that I am still trying here is my Wascha Mesa.

[media]https://youtu.be/TdasKTwIPYI[/media]

I am going to carry on doing what I can as it I think the practice is still helping :)

Rgds

Chris

Gabriel-guégan

Post by Gabriel-guégan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 am

Hello Chris
It's good to see you.
Your Washa mesa is quite well and sure more practice will help. Take time and make this D06 at yours pace, we will be here to listen to you
Here, it seems to me that bar 3 you forgot to play the first bass note (D & A). On second part, some notes of melodic ligne are damp with bass. And bar 60 it seems you played G# instead of A. These are just details, pratice it a bit more to make it more legato

ChrisCapener

Post by ChrisCapener » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:02 pm

:merci: Thanks for you support Gabriel :merci:

Håvard.Bergene

Post by Håvard.Bergene » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:13 pm

Good job guys. And hello to my classmate Chris from D03. Just keep on practicing. I noticed that you play F where there is F# in 2nd bar and similar bars.
Alhambra 11P

Gabriel-guégan

Post by Gabriel-guégan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Hello
Here a new take of El Postillon to correct my rhythmic weak point bar 10 and try to relieve it a little
I hope it's a bit better
Good listening :bye:
[media]https://youtu.be/iRQJiCV5BGA[/media]

ChrisCapener

Post by ChrisCapener » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 am

Well hello everyone, I have been trying and trying to play this piece , let alone get a decent recording of it, but here it is as best as I can manage at this point in time, I am posting it as a benchmark, when I revisit this lesson next year I hope to see an improvement, and maybe play it at the correct tempo :).

[media]https://youtu.be/h5T_WaobcrU[/media]

:merci: :bye:

Gabriel-guégan

Post by Gabriel-guégan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:23 pm

ChrisCapener wrote:I have been trying and trying to play this piece , let alone get a decent recording of it, but here it is as best as I can manage at this point in time,
Hello Chris
You played this piece quite correctly :okok:
Take care bar 10 to well respect rhythmic between second beat and F and try to less Arpeggiate chords
With more pratice sure it will come :discussion:

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”