D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Kushtrim Avdiu

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Kushtrim Avdiu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 pm

[media]https://youtu.be/JugSl714OBg[/media]

Kushtrim Avdiu

Post by Kushtrim Avdiu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:04 pm

[media]https://youtu.be/O40FTKH1Q2E[/media]

Kushtrim Avdiu

Post by Kushtrim Avdiu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 pm

Hello everyone, Marry Christmas to all
Here are my submissions i practiced every day and i hope i am doing well
Everyone's feedback is welcome
Kushtrim

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 am

Hi, Kushtrim Avdiu
Well done,Over all good performance.
I'm happy to see your left hand finger placement improved.This is your bench mark. Just keep improving it to be more closer to frets.Better tempo,rhythm,melody .I'm not able to closely watch it and compare it with music sheet. Good video audio lighting.

Claude Huddy

Post by Claude Huddy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Kushtrim
I heard all the notes there and I think you have good control of your left hand. I think your accuracy is good while you slowly increase your speed. Little pinkie worked well.
The position of your guitar appears almost parallel to floor if I have read the angle of your post correctly and if so you may need to adjust. But hard to tell so I might be mistaken.
Good work and welcome back.

Kushtrim Avdiu

Post by Kushtrim Avdiu » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:07 am

Thank you Zafar Haq,
I wasn't aware of my left hand before, but hanks to your advise i am paying attention on my left hand.

Thank you Claude Huddy,
I dont like to play fast :) I prefer slower tempo
I am using a guitar holder, the angle is not parallel to floor, i could adjust the holder, but i think that highness fits to me, simple rule: head of the guitar parallel with your head.

Thank you
Kushtrim

PaulAshley

Post by PaulAshley » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:44 pm

I finally found some time to get back to the lessons (Christmas and two December family birthdays in one week!) and, while I'm not thrilled with my "progress", did get a decent take on Alouette. The tempo is slow but for now that's all I've been able to achieve with minimal mistakes. The notes are a bit choppy in measures 5 and 6, not being held for the full beat.

[media]https://youtu.be/ed6KTr5QDWs[/media]

Claude Huddy

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Paul
I heard all the notes mate and you're kid is working. Tempo will pick up with more practice and you know my last splurge on speed was not a good idea - so stick with it Paul.
Heard a little buzz on a couple of notes but good work.
Yes between Christmas, birthdays and work life does get complicated. But I'm glad for you that you are keeping on because I can say that I should have started the course years ago and not let everything else take completely over my life. If I was half as smart as I thought I was I would have found a way because I love this course.

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:55 pm

Good job Paul. Very good consistent tempo and clear notes, with exception of a couple of buzzing ones, but they did not take away from the performance. It is okay to go slowly; it is better to get finger placement correct and comfortable and increase speed as you go.

By the way, I think it was your birthday recently? I happened to see at bottom of main page while I was perusing the site. Happy birthday!
:chitarrista: :chitarrista: :serenade:

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:03 pm

Very nice Kushtrim. I like your slow tempo and deliberate finger movements. Slow is good! I wondered about the angle of guitar as well though I struggle with getting both hands and guitar in the frame so maybe you do too. Only other thing I would mention is seems you are hitting notes early, e.g., beginning of bars 3, 5, 15, for example. The count is 1 e/2 e/3 e. It sounds like you are hitting the initial notes in these bars on the "and" of 3 instead of on the "1".

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Thank you Kushtrim. Thank you for reminding me about the damping. I will play closer attention to that. :merci:
Kushtrim Avdiu wrote:Hi Madeleine, I think you hand position is right, you play fluently.
I would just suggest you to be careful on damping the descending notes, and the song Lundi Matin bars 10 and 12, when you play note E you should lift the finger from the note C in order to stop it.

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Thank you Chu!
Chu Bun wrote:
Madeleine,

I could not find anything wrong with your piece. Very solid.

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:09 pm

Thank you Claude! By the way, I looked again but did not see your hands flapping! :guitare:
Claude Huddy wrote:Hi Madeleine
A good post. I didn't see or hear any errors. You style of playing was accurate and controlled. Much better than my flapping hands. I look forward to your La Cucaracha post.

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Thank you Jeremy!
Jeremy Gillard wrote:Madeleine Pashkofsky - Everything you have posted so far is very clean. Good job! I look forward to hearing your La Cucaracha

Kushtrim Avdiu

Post by Kushtrim Avdiu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:36 pm

Thank you Madeleine

I cant cont while i play, i tried that, seems impossible.
I practiced with metronome in the beginning slow tempo, but it was annoying so i switched it off
Maybe it helps if i get used to always practice with metronome.
Next time i will be careful on that
Thank you a lot

Kushtrim

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”