D01 Classical guitar lesson 07

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Rajesh Dhungel

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 07

Post by Rajesh Dhungel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:38 am

Hello everyone happy practice, I think we must spend ample amount of time to practice so called technical exercises. In order to avoide prejudice on which piece to practice keeping in mind the posting exercises it is hard, we tend to practice posting pieces often. But what i do is practice from starting page to final page on a particular assignment and when it is thoroughly done, came back to see what i've to post. With progressing assignments i get quicker than before. Now I am learning with this approach the last piece on D08. It works for me well :discussion: :bye:

Jeremy Gillard

Post by Jeremy Gillard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:28 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope that everyone has been enjoying this month's lesson as much as I have been! I decided to record some of the other material that was asked of in this lesson to try and elicit some feedback. Not everything here is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, or up to tempo. But, I figured it might stir some discussion about how to improve. Does the audio quality sound ok? Am I on tempo? Does it sound musical? Any comments from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Delcamp Bref No.2
https://app.box.com/s/th052mj32bqp9n88k1l9gcd0fbumgseo
Savez vous planter des choux
https://app.box.com/s/yfaluhksbstetaj7x30wgm628ryfumey
No Le Daba El Sol
https://app.box.com/s/cwwo6r0xn5qztyfohur748tz9xw4mhne
Ah Mon Beau Chateau
https://app.box.com/s/z4kppxdstxhpqfyjhoudzy7uhtzbzivo
Lecon II Opus 60
https://app.box.com/s/i2s17yz0ammel0wktnmu2f4woy7igr3n

I think one major thing I need to work on is playing things slower until I play without mistakes. Once I've committed a piece to memory, I think I try and play it too quick without full attention. This leads to my not thinking about what I need to play and relying too much on muscle memory. And since that muscle memory has not been trained without mistakes, mistakes creep in too much.
I know what I need to play, but my fingers are not being driven accurately by the mind. This is going to be something I concentrate on very hard in the next lesson, and continuing to work on this one until the next is posted.

Thanks Everyone! I appreciate it.
It's the player, not the guitar...
But, the guitar helps!!!

Jeremy Gillard

Post by Jeremy Gillard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:38 am

Zafar Haq - O Bella Ciao - Just to echo what Rejesh had said, I would work on using the fingerings as provided in the music. The reason for the given fingerings is to make things easier to play, or to work on a specific technique. I think you know the music here, but you just need to work on smoothing things out. I think you could accomplish this by lowering the tempo. Sometimes we want to play too fast for our brains at a given time and they slow us down even when we don't want them too. If we play slower, our brains can keep the fingers in tempo. It sounds much better to the listener for a piece to be played slow but on tempo, then to have the tempo wander. I know we want to post video's at the piece tempo, but that is not always possible.

One other tip (for which I am guilty on at times) is to not practice the entire piece from beginning to end. Pick a few bars that we have the most issue with and only play those bars over and over again. Start slow, and build up to tempo. Once you have that down, if you are playing a full piece your brain will be excited about the section you used to have issues with and you will fly by it like it was nothing.

I hope this helps!
But, the guitar helps!!!

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi, Jeremy Gillard,
Thanks,
I'm reading all your comments about my study assignments as well other student assignments. On my assignments what ever you observed are correct , I will try to comply and apply your advices in the next coming assignments.

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:20 pm

Hi, Rajesh Dhungel,
Thanks,
Yes,on two occasions,I was about to blank out, cause little disconnect in my assigment observed.Regarding alternate fingering,I try to practice it thoroughly but it creeps during this session recording.

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Hello all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi, Classmates,
Here is my study assignment Improvisation video.Just extempore playing. :)
Link:
[media]https://youtu.be/rVQX8kYi8V0[/media]

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Here are my recordings for lesson 7. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Gillard

Post by Jeremy Gillard » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:30 am

Haris Karachristianidis - Everything sounded good to me. Your tempo was on. It sounded like you played all the correct notes. Good work.
But, the guitar helps!!!

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Thank you Jeremy!

Haris Karachristianidis

Post by Haris Karachristianidis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Zafar, you improvisation is nice and the sound very good!

Bert, O Bella Ciao is very good and the improvisation too!

Jose, all your submissions for the lesson are very good!

Madeleine, all your submissions are very good! Very nice dampings!

Chu, very nice uploads!

Jeremy, all your submissions are very good! The pieces seem very easy for you. You have a good tempo and nice dampings. I noticed a small movement of your right hand to the right (after I read your post) but your playing is certainly not less accurate. Since you noticed it, if you deceided it would very easy to fix it.

:bravo:

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, Classmates,
Here is my study assignment Improvisation video.Just extempore playing. :)
Link:
[media]https://youtu.be/rVQX8kYi8V0[/media]
Good job Zafar! How did you like this improvisation exercise? There are so many variations one can do . . . it can be very enjoyable to experiment with different notes, rhythms, durations, etc.

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:28 pm

Haris Karachristianidis wrote:Zafar, you improvisation is nice and the sound very good!

Bert, O Bella Ciao is very good and the improvisation too!

Jose, all your submissions for the lesson are very good!

Madeleine, all your submissions are very good! Very nice dampings!

Chu, very nice uploads!

Jeremy, all your submissions are very good! The pieces seem very easy for you. You have a good tempo and nice dampings. I noticed a small movement of your right hand to the right (after I read your post) but your playing is certainly not less accurate. Since you noticed it, if you deceided it would very easy to fix it.

:bravo:
Thank you Haris :merci:

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 pm

Haris Karachristianidis wrote:Here are my recordings for lesson 7. :)
Very good Haris. Everything played correctly and with feeling. Your improvisation sounds like a little tune, which is the point, I think, of a good improvisation. One very minor thing on "O Bella Ciao" I heard a kind "ghost" G note at the first beat of measure 5 (last measure in line 2). I think what happened was that when you let up off the A note at the end of measure 4, there was a sympathetic ringing of the open G string. No big deal as this happens sometimes. Very nice work!

Madeleine Pashkofsky

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:39 pm

Bert Stendahl wrote:Hello all
Good job Bert. I like your improvisation. I think we were not supposed to repeat a pattern but I believe that good improvisation does involve repetition of themes, patterns, etc. Good job on "O Bella Ciao."

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”