Exam discussion

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Madeleine Pashkofsky

Re: Exam discussion

Post by Madeleine Pashkofsky » Sat May 16, 2015 9:06 pm

That's a good question. I would like to know the answer myself. I would have the same assumption as you do.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sun May 17, 2015 5:40 am

Colin Bullock wrote:I've read somewhere that we need to re register next year for the lessons. I assume this only means declaring our interest in doing the course both in the English and Spanish forums, and that our membership of the Spanish forum will remain active as long as we post 'keep alive' messages there?
The registration process for the course will be exactly the same as this year (unless Prof. Delcamp decides to change something), not depending whether a student has studied the lessons before or not. That is, you need to publicize the lessons and declare your interest, which implies that you consent to conditions for the lessons. Typically the 'Students' group is cleared in September, and the registrations for the new session will follow shortly.

If you wish to participate in the lessons at the Spanish forum as well, you can just make a similar declaration there in the registration thread, so you'll be added to the 'Alumnos' group.

On the other hand if you just want to do the exam, you can post those 'keep alive' messages as you suggested to remain a member of the Spanish forum, or alternatively just see before the next exam whether your account is still alive or not, and if not, create a new one. The benefit of the keep alive messages is that when it's time to register to the 'Alumnos' group for taking the exam you're already in the '002' group. In any case, you will need to register for the lessons for the purpose of taking the exam some time during the year, and after that post at least once a month to remain a member of the Spanish forum.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 am

Marko Räsänen wrote: If you wish to participate in the lessons at the Spanish forum as well, you can just make a similar declaration there in the registration thread, so you'll be added to the 'Alumnos' group.
Thanks for the detail Marko, very helpful. I've got it clear in my head now.

Others might like to note the following extract from Juan Gimeno in response to question from Catherine Livingston on the 'keep alive' Spanish/English forum

"Last summer we did a monographic course about Sagreras Book 1 for D03 students, since it was very succesful I decided to try again this summer with Carcassi.
Beguinners: Carcassi Method for D01 and D02 students"

He says he will keep us informed via moderators here. Sounds interesting, harmony, technique,etc if I have time I will do it.

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sun May 17, 2015 8:27 am

Thanks for sharing this, Colin!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Bert Stendahl

Post by Bert Stendahl » Sun May 17, 2015 2:13 pm

Where did you find that post?
Colin Bullock wrote:
"Last summer we did a monographic course about Sagreras Book 1 for D03 students, since it was very succesful I decided to try again this summer with Carcassi.
Beguinners: Carcassi Method for D01 and D02 students"

He says he will keep us informed via moderators here. Sounds interesting, harmony, technique,etc if I have time I will do it.
Never Mind the Bollocks

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Sun May 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Bert Stendahl wrote:Where did you find that post?
I believe it was mentioned in this thread.

Coincidentally I have started to work on the first 2 of Carcassi's 25 progressive studies a while ago, so I am also definitely interested in the summer course for the more advanced students.

Let's continue the discussion about the summer course in Students' Corner
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Mon May 18, 2015 7:05 pm

Hi Marko,
Alan already registered me as a student in the Spanish forum. But i want to understand where exactly do we post our exam video for D03, do i have to click D03 exam thread on the first page of this thread and then post the piece there? thanks a lot,

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 pm

Hi Bea,

Yes, that link takes you directly to D03 exam thread at the Spanish forum, and you post your declaration which is printed in italics in the first post of the thread along with your exam submission video or mp3 + photo into that thread. The posting for D03 exam must be made between dates 28th and 30th of May, and be aware of the time difference between Spain and Canada, so don't leave your post until the last hours of May 30th. The actual recording can be made before the exam period whenever it's convenient for you.

Marko
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Beatriz Martin

Post by Beatriz Martin » Wed May 20, 2015 2:32 am

Great Marko, thanks for explaining!

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu May 21, 2015 5:58 am

Examinations for levels D02 and D05 are now open!
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 pm

Hi

Can I just check that the D05 piece can be posted ON 23rd May, although I note Marko's advice about time differences...

Thanks

Stewart

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Fri May 22, 2015 8:29 pm

Yes, Stewart. You should still have more than 24 hours to post your submission.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Fri May 22, 2015 8:34 pm

Thanks Marko!

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat May 23, 2015 1:01 pm

M. Delcamp has just asked me to pass on that since he will be away on the 24th and 25th of May, he won't be able to post the diplomas for levels D01 and D06 until the evening of the 25th, or maybe the following morning.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Sat May 23, 2015 2:23 pm

GeoffB wrote:M. Delcamp has just asked me to pass on that since he will be away on the 24th and 25th of May, he won't be able to post the diplomas for levels D01 and D06 until the evening of the 25th, or maybe the following morning.

Geoff
Geoff
Can I assume that the name on any diploma is taken from our registered forum name? I ask because on the exam list for D01, Spanish forum, my first name has been spelt with 2xl instead of l.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”