Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
JamesMessick

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by JamesMessick » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks. I'm sure I'll hit the 20 mark shortly. I love sharing my thoughts on forums!

JamesMessick

Post by JamesMessick » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm

BTW, is that a Chincilla in your picture? And if so, do they make good pets?

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:30 pm

You're welcome Rick! I will continue being a D05 student as well as a moderator. I'm not sure how much time will I have giving comments to other levels than D05 the next session, but I often have trouble keeping away from interesting conversations here at the lessons area :)
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Catherine Livingston

Post by Catherine Livingston » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:47 pm

James,
BTW, is that a Chincilla in your picture? And if so, do they make good pets?
It is an Egyptian Mau purebred kitten. He is grown up now but is still small and likes to ride around on people's shoulders.
It is nice to have this forum where we can share ideas and give and get feedback with other guitar enthusiasts.
:D Cat Livingston

Catherine Livingston

Post by Catherine Livingston » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Thanks. I'm sure I'll hit the 20 mark shortly. I love sharing my thoughts on forums!
James,

You still need to apply for the "002" posts user group to gain access to the scores for levels D01-D03.
Here are the instructions to submit a request to join that group. When you have reached 20 posts then you need to repeat this process to join the "020 Posts" group.
1. Click on your name on the righthand corner of the page
2. Select "User control panel"
3.Select "User groups"
4.Select "002 Posted messages"
5. Scroll down to the bottom and select "submit"

Moderators will review your posts and add you to the 002 User group.
Then you will e able to access all of the materials for levels D01, D02, and D03.
Good luck!
Cat Livingston

JamesMessick

Post by JamesMessick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks! I didn't understand that process earlier, but managed to get in by PM-ing one of the groups moderators. Next time I'll know exactly how to do it. I like cats and have two tabby cats, but my Chihuahua is my best buddy!

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:47 pm

JamesMessick wrote:I would like to registor for the September 2015 course. I assume I need to start with the D01 course, but will it be hard to change if it is too remedial for my skill level? I have advertised the course on my website at http://www.jamesmessick.com. Thanks
Hi James welcome to the Delcamp forums, you will find lots of helpful material and helpful forum members with respect to classical guitar playing and other CG related topics.

One of the beauties of the Delcamp online lesson format is that there is a lot of flexibility in case one finds they would rather focus/participate at a different level (D01, D02, D03, etc ....) than initially thought.

Participating in the exams is not mandatory, but if you plan to participate in the exams next session you will probably want to select a grade-level that is a good fit for the amount of practice time that can be devoted and current technique capability in order to fulfill the minimum 7 of 10 lesson submission requirement.

These FAQ's may help answer your skill level question in greater detail:
Which level would be the most suitable to start at?
Can I follow more than one level at the same time?
Is it possible to follow the lessons as an observer?
Do I need to register for a specific level?
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

JamesMessick

Post by JamesMessick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Thanks, I appreciate the guidance.

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

I would like to register for the 2015/16 D01 classes. I have been playing for 18 years without formal lessons. I'm sure I have a lot of bad habits to break.
Thanks,
Sal

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:13 pm

Sal wrote:I would like to register for the 2015/16 D01 classes. I have been playing for 18 years without formal lessons. I'm sure I have a lot of bad habits to break.
Thanks,
Sal
Hi Sal,

Thanks for your interest in the online classes, we'd enjoy having you participate. :merci:

Official registration for the 2015-2016 session has not yet started, I would recommend waiting to register in September and fulfilling the registration requirements listed here.

However, before official registration begins you can still view the current class forum and archives to see what kinds of D01 exercises and pieces students will encounter in order to prepare.
2015 Cordoba Solista

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:37 pm

The information below is a "brief" re-cap of the 4 registration conditions that all online students must complete for the upcoming session in September
--A more detailed write-up of the these requirements/conditions for the last session (2014-2015) is listed here

Four registration conditions to be met (brief version):
** Can be performed at anytime before or during an active online course session **
1. Register on the Delcamp forum with your real forename and surname by posting a request in the forum: "Your messages to the site administrator".

** Should be performed between September and June of an active online course session **
2. Publicize the course sessions (examples: a posted notice in the window of your local baker or guitar store, FaceBook, Twitter, Youtube, discussion groups, your blog or website)
3. Register for the lessons in the forum: "Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons"
4. Confirm that you have satisfied the conditions set for participation in the courses by posting in the forum: "Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons" thread.
2015 Cordoba Solista

Zafar Haq

Post by Zafar Haq » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:49 pm

Hi, John
You are doing well explaining questions raised by visitors, students.I did read your last post just above me. I thought,which forum? I request you to please add link to show, which forum to request adding myself self with real name.
I also request you to provide link, where, I ask to register myself etc etc.Links are helpful to immediately perform the task. Thanks.

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:34 pm

Zafar Haq wrote:Hi, John
You are doing well explaining questions raised by visitors, students.I did read your last post just above me. I thought,which forum? I request you to please add link to show, which forum to request adding myself self with real name.
I also request you to provide link, where, I ask to register myself etc etc.Links are helpful to immediately perform the task. Thanks.
Hi Zafar, thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Keep in mind, registration for the 2015 session will not begin until announced in September
--Below is an updated brief re-cap of the 4 conditions for online class registration, only the first condition is do-able currently.
--The other 3 conditions cannot be performed until the 2015 registration period is open in September and the 2015 lesson notices/flyers have been published

Four conditions to register for online lessons (brief version) click here to see the detailed 2014 version:
** The following step can be performed at anytime before or during an active online course session **
1. Register on the Delcamp forum with your real forename and surname by posting a request in the forum: "Your messages to the site administrator".

** The following steps should be performed between September and June of an active online course session **
2. Publicize the course sessions (examples: a posted notice in the window of your local baker or guitar store, FaceBook, Twitter, Youtube, discussion groups, your blog or website): Look for example flyers/notices for the online lessons on this page
3. Register for the lessons in the forum: "Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons"
4. Confirm that you have satisfied the conditions set for participation in the courses by posting in the forum: "Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons"
2015 Cordoba Solista

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Thank you , John.

I look forward to working with you.

Daniel Clifton

Post by Daniel Clifton » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:03 pm

I am interested in enrolling for the 2015 - 2016 session. I am a strict beginner to CG. I play mandolin, but have been bitten by the CG bug. I am not exactly savy in audio electronics and recording and may need a little on line help with requirement #3. I have a business in town and will be posting the flyer there.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”