Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
John Montes

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by John Montes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your interest in the online classes. :bye:
The 2015 enrollment/registration period has not yet started, but it will occur sometime next month.

Unfortunately, we cannot enroll any students for the 2015 session until the enrollment/registration period opens next month.
Definitely check back in September and once we have the exact opening dates from Maestro Delcamp we'll gladly begin enrolling students quickly.

Regarding the recording/posting aspect of the lessons (participation item #3) the forum area called Classical guitar recording and amplification can offer helpful tips/suggestions.

Note - There have been many decent recordings posted by students in the past with only a smartphone as the recording device.
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Hello everyone,

Would you do 2015-2016 courses?
If yes I am interested to participate.
I saw that I must subscribe with my real name. Can I edit my user name?
But, I am not sure about my level.
I took some courses in a conservatoire some years ago, from 2002 until 2008. But I cannot say that I am an advanced player, I wasn't playing for years.
Please inform me if there are going to be some courses.

Thank you in advance.
This forum is awesome! :) :)

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:02 am

trupokarudos wrote:Hello everyone, ...
Hi Eva,

The new course will begin in few weeks. When the registration opens, I will post a notification here in the "On-line classical guitar lessons" forum.

You need to ask for site administrator to change your user name. Post a request in "Your messages to the site administrator" forum, which you can find on the main index page.

To help in finding out your level you can see the existing lessons linked by levels in here.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Post by Rick Beauregard » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:55 pm

trupokarudos wrote:Hello everyone,

I took some courses in a conservatoire some years ago, from 2002 until 2008. But I cannot say that I am an advanced player, I wasn't playing for years.
Many of us here had the same or similar circumstances. What I did to find my level was to begin by sight reading all the assigned pieces and exercises from the beginning (D01). I wanted to see all the exercises and studies that current students had studied to get a sense of what was in the course, and also to fix any bad habits. I also viewed many of the demonstration videos by Prof. Delcamp and the students videos and comments. When I got to a point where I couldn't comfortably sight read the pieces, I figured that was a good place to start, even though perhaps I could have gone one year further. So I starter in year 3. I started extremely late, however, and had to catch up quickly to submit material to qualify for the exam. One challenge I have found is that preparing a piece for performance in a video is challenging and time consuming [many, many takes], but has been perfect for me to deal with what has been my main issue and weakness: getting a piece to performance level. You can also do two levels at a time and see which one is right for you, then drop the other, or continue with both. Depending on the amount of time you have to practice, this may work for you. Finally, you can watch the past course videos now to do all this preparation before you sign up for the courses in the fall in a few weeks.

Welcome, and I hope this helps. Maybe we'll see you in D04 this fall!
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:49 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:
trupokarudos wrote:Hello everyone, ...
Hi Eva,

The new course will begin in few weeks. When the registration opens, I will post a notification here in the "On-line classical guitar lessons" forum.

You need to ask for site administrator to change your user name. Post a request in "Your messages to the site administrator" forum, which you can find on the main index page.

To help in finding out your level you can see the existing lessons linked by levels in here.
Thank you :)
I will ask for the change in the user name.
I have checked a bit the lessons yesterday. Is it possible to have access to the scores? It would be easier to understand my level if I was able to try something.
Thanks

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
trupokarudos wrote:Hello everyone,

Many of us here had the same or similar circumstances. What I did to find my level was to begin by sight reading all the assigned pieces and exercises from the beginning (D01). I wanted to see all the exercises and studies that current students had studied to get a sense of what was in the course, and also to fix any bad habits. I also viewed many of the demonstration videos by Prof. Delcamp and the students videos and comments. When I got to a point where I couldn't comfortably sight read the pieces, I figured that was a good place to start, even though perhaps I could have gone one year further. So I starter in year 3. I started extremely late, however, and had to catch up quickly to submit material to qualify for the exam. One challenge I have found is that preparing a piece for performance in a video is challenging and time consuming [many, many takes], but has been perfect for me to deal with what has been my main issue and weakness: getting a piece to performance level. You can also do two levels at a time and see which one is right for you, then drop the other, or continue with both. Depending on the amount of time you have to practice, this may work for you. Finally, you can watch the past course videos now to do all this preparation before you sign up for the courses in the fall in a few weeks.

Welcome, and I hope this helps. Maybe we'll see you in D04 this fall!
Thank you Rick :)
I agree, this is what I should do.
As I wrote before I don't know if it is possible to have access to scores. That might be much helpful.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:Is it possible to have access to the scores? It would be easier to understand my level if I was able to try something.
Hi Eva, certainly you can have access to the scores, up to level D03 anyway. You just need to apply to join group 002. There are instructions on how to do that here. To access the higher scores (from D04 onwards), you need to wait until you have posted at least 20 messages and then apply for group 020 in the same way.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Simon Volmer

Post by Simon Volmer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 am

Hello everyone

is it possible to join the lessons, without owning a CG? In my case i would play on a semi-acoustic electric guitar, standard electric guitar or an acoustic guitar. (whatever is most recommendable) I plan to buy a guitar in about 4-6 weeks, but i haven't saved all the money yet.

kind regards
Simon

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Simon,

"Can I use just any guitar?"

The acoustic is preferred, although the semi-acoustic would be ok as well, as long as you'd play it unamplified and recorded with an external mic, not the pickups. Of those two, it's probably best to use the one with wider fretboard, or otherwise feeling closer to standard classical guitar / suitable for finger picking.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:43 pm

GeoffB wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:Is it possible to have access to the scores? It would be easier to understand my level if I was able to try something.
Hi Eva, certainly you can have access to the scores, up to level D03 anyway. You just need to apply to join group 002. There are instructions on how to do that here. To access the higher scores (from D04 onwards), you need to wait until you have posted at least 20 messages and then apply for group 020 in the same way.

Geoff
Hello!
That's great! Thank u :)
I just did this.
:merci:

alkholiq

Post by alkholiq » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:32 am

Hi everyone!

Please register me for D01. I just started to learn classical guitar, and would like to learn from the beginning.

Thanks.

Abdul

Marko Räsänen

Post by Marko Räsänen » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:24 am

Hi Abdul,

Please see this post from another moderator here:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=54023&start=360#p1044737

Best Regards,

Marko
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Hello again :)

I believe I should be in D03. The first lesson in this level are quite easy...

Then I saw this page 76-77 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MALAGUEÑA FÁCIL
here :viewtopic.php?f=41&t=96085&hilit=D03+CL ... +LESSON+10

And tried it. Ok... There is no way at the moment to do this correctly or sound even a bit like this. So lets take level D03 from the beginning in order to get there and fix some bad habits etc.

Thanks again

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:Hello again :)

I believe I should be in D03. The first lesson in this level are quite easy...

Then I saw this page 76-77 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) MALAGUEÑA FÁCIL
here :viewtopic.php?f=41&t=96085&hilit=D03+CL ... +LESSON+10

And tried it. Ok... There is no way at the moment to do this correctly or sound even a bit like this. So lets take level D03 from the beginning in order to get there and fix some bad habits etc.

Thanks again
Hi Eva very good, it looks like you have selected a suitable starting level that will provide enough challenge without being too difficult to complete based on your current technique/performance level.

This can sometimes be a tough decision point for those that are new to the online lessons.
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Claude Huddy

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:14 am

Hi John
I wish to repeat and register for D01. I will post the poster in the local comment board and have talked to my friends on the benefits of Delcamp Guitar site and/or lessons. It was easy to recommend Delcamp as I was very happy with the course format. Although I would love to progress to D02 this year I have had only just over 12 months experience in learning any type of guitar and I don't think I have reached a level of confidence or skill that I think would allow me to confidently complete the D02 lessons. My plan is to consolidate learned skills and pre prepare for D02 next year.
Thankyou

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”