Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
John Montes

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by John Montes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:37 am

Claude Huddy wrote:Hi John
I wish to repeat and register for D01. I will post the poster in the local comment board and have talked to my friends on the benefits of Delcamp Guitar site and/or lessons. It was easy to recommend Delcamp as I was very happy with the course format. Although I would love to progress to D02 this year I have had only just over 12 months experience in learning any type of guitar and I don't think I have reached a level of confidence or skill that I think would allow me to confidently complete the D02 lessons. My plan is to consolidate learned skills and pre prepare for D02 next year.
Thankyou
Hi Claude,

Thanks for the interest in wanting to continue participating in the online lessons.

We're currently unable to register or take registration requests until the 2015 registration session opens in September :-)
All new and previous students that want to participate in the 2015 online lessons must register in September :contrat:

Definitely continue to access and use any current lesson forum resources until Maestro Delcamp posts the official registration/enrollment notice in September.

Even us moderators do not yet know the exact dates, but we're eagerly awaiting the announcements
:delcamp_ cool:
2018 Salvador Castillo Concert Classical
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Claude Huddy

Post by Claude Huddy » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

Thanks Jobn
Sorry for jumping gun, I will watch for enrolment time
:D

Mehmet Erensayin

Post by Mehmet Erensayin » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm

I am also looking forward to new season. Hi all my classmates and admins :bye:

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:27 pm

Mehmet Erensayin wrote:I am also looking forward to new season. Hi all my classmates and admins :bye:
Welcome Mehmet!

Many are ready to register, but we have to wait until the official announcements from Maestro Delcamp, it wont be much longer :-)
2015 Cordoba Solista

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:29 pm

John Montes wrote: Hi Eva very good, it looks like you have selected a suitable starting level that will provide enough challenge without being too difficult to complete based on your current technique/performance level.

This can sometimes be a tough decision point for those that are new to the online lessons.
Indeed :) I've tried some pieces already from D03. The problem always with me that I wasn't sounding that good. I can play most of the ones I ve tried almost at once. But I have to work on my sound. And a bit easier pieces I think is better in order to focus on this part, and after so many years I haven't touched the guitar.
I cant wait :)

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:32 pm

I am so excited, I posted the poster about the lessons on facebook. I believe there might be also some other people like me that are willing to start again, or make the beginning and cannot attend classes at a conservatoire or music school...

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:56 am

Eva Pakaki wrote:I am so excited, I posted the poster about the lessons on facebook. I believe there might be also some other people like me that are willing to start again, or make the beginning and cannot attend classes at a conservatoire or music school...

Keep in mind, the posters that are "currently" available advertise the lessons and start/end time-frames for the 2014-2015 online lessons which have finished.

The new posters that Maestro Delcamp will publish when registration/enrollment begins will have language and time-frames that reference the 2015-2016 online lessons.

We will need to request all students to post/advertise using the "new" posters when registration time officially starts :cornet:
2015 Cordoba Solista

Nathanael Benassi

Post by Nathanael Benassi » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:59 pm

Hello I am eagerly awaiting new registration for this year but was hoping to gain access to the archives in the meantime. I have posted an introduction but don't think it has yet been approved. Is there a certain thread I need to post in for 002 group access?

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi Nathan, I see your introduction here has now been approved, and you'll find instructions there on applying for the usergroups.

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Mark Farber

Post by Mark Farber » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Looking for advice. I have completed Parkening's Method vol. 1 and have started vol. 2. I plan to register for online lessons and was wondering what level to start at. I was thing D03 but would appreciate any feedback from people familiar with the Parkening's method.

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:31 pm

Mark Farber wrote:Looking for advice. I have completed Parkening's Method vol. 1 and have started vol. 2. I plan to register for online lessons and was wondering what level to start at. I was thing D03 but would appreciate any feedback from people familiar with the Parkening's method.
Hi Mark, welcome to the Delcamp forums and thanks for your interest in the online lessons. :bye:

I've not seen the Parkening method personally, but the feedback from those that have used it is very good.

One possible recommendation is to take a look at the lessons for a few of the levels you are interested in and evaluate their difficulty and challenge, you may already know some of the pieces. This post in the FAQ for lessons is very helpful Which level would be the most suitable to start at?

Consider the amount of time you can devote each month to practice and the amount of challenge you are comfortable with and decide

Another option is to participate initially in 2 levels/classes that are in the "range" of difficulty that you think you can handle for maybe 2-3 months and then choose one later that is a better fit and focus on it for the remainder of the session
2015 Cordoba Solista

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:16 pm

So when approximately are we going to start?

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Eva Pakaki wrote:So when approximately are we going to start?
Hi Eva,

The moderators have not received registration start dates for September from Maestro Delcamp, but it should not be much longer.

Keep in mind, "last year" registration opened September 10, but that does not mean it will open on the exact same date this year :-)

I'm excited as well, cant 'wait to get started :guitare:
2015 Cordoba Solista

Eva Pakaki

Post by Eva Pakaki » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:02 pm

John Montes wrote:
Eva Pakaki wrote:So when approximately are we going to start?
Hi Eva,

The moderators have not received registration start dates for September from Maestro Delcamp, but it should not be much longer.

Keep in mind, "last year" registration opened September 10, but that does not mean it will open on the exact same date this year :-)

I'm excited as well, cant 'wait to get started :guitare:
:merci:

This effort you do here is so valuable! There are many people who cannot attend classes with a teachers for various reasons, and the online lessons are like water in the desert! :merci: and :bravo:

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:56 pm

How will we be notified that registration has begun? Do we just "keep and eye out" or will we be contacted through PM? I am interested in starting from the very beginning. Thank you.

Sal

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”