[PDF] Scarlatti, Domenico - Sonata (K.466)

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Intune

Re: [PDF] Scarlatti, Domenico - Sonata (K.466)

Post by Intune » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:30 am

jzwl and Schneider:

Thanks for pointing out the typo in measure 61. I've added a correction note in my opening remarks in the original post and made the fix on the score.

Intune
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)
2019 Michael Cadiz (spruce/ziricote)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

Scarlatte

Post by Scarlatte » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Dear William,

Words fail me - I have long listened to K 466 and thought how beautiful it would sound on the guitar. Thank you.

Scarlatte (I also love milky coffee ...)

Cipher

Post by Cipher » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:35 am

Intune wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:41 pm

A revised PDF has been posted today (June 24, 2019) with the following corrections: 1) In measure 5, beat 4, the d treble note is now d sharp. 2) In measure 61, beat 1, the b bass note is now marked to be played on the fifth string. Please make these fixes on the score if you've already printed it out.
Intune thank you so much for this beautiful piece and all the work you put into arranging and notating! :D

:merci:

I think E minor is the way to go with this sonata because you can simply put a capo on 1st fret to make it sound in the original key. (even though who knows, their baroque tuning A was probably lower sounding than our A 440 today)

I've just read through this a bit and the note that stood out to me is in m.2 beat one you have the F# doubled in the bass 6th string 2nd fret and again an octave higher 4th string 4th fret. All the keyboard players I've been hearing play a minor 7th chord there so the F# on the 4th string would be an E natural the chord from the bottom would be thus F# E A instead of F# F# A like you have.

I don't have the original keyboard score so I don't know what chord is there. I think the doubled F# sounds a bit muddy and thick there so I think the F# octave on the 4th string can be left out or be replaced with the E I hear on most recordings of this. Thanks for your attention, I could be wrong and Scarlatti has the F# doubled with no 7th.

Thanks again for such a beautiful piece of music to share with everyone here it's very generous and kind of you! :D

:merci:

Intune

Post by Intune » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Cipher: You are correct. In measure 2, beat 1 the F# note on the 4th string is a typo and should be changed to an E natural. I will add a correction note in the original post. Thank you for catching this.
Intune
2010 Andres Marvi (cedar/Madagascar rosewood)
2019 Michael Cadiz (spruce/ziricote)

"...beware of all enterprises that require new clothes..." -- H.D. Thoreau

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”