[PDF] Herbert, Victor - Kiss Me Again

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
Adrian Allan

[PDF] Herbert, Victor - Kiss Me Again

Post by Adrian Allan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:46 pm

Victor August Herbert (February 1, 1859 – May 26, 1924) was an Irish-born, German-raised American composer, cellist and conductor. Although Herbert enjoyed important careers as a cello soloist and conductor, he is best known for composing many successful operettas that premiered on Broadway from the 1890s to World War I. He also wrote many orchestral pieces, including a cello concerto that has been recorded many times and is still popular today.

This piece is a waltz from the operetta Mille Modiste (1905). It was a mainstay of the canon of the singers of the time, such as Richard Tauber.

I arranged this piece in A major. See what you think - it could be a nice encore piece, or will stand alone as a period piece from the age of the light opera

Kiss Me Again.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Adrian Allan on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

Adrian Allan

Re: [PDF] Herbert, Victor - Kiss Me Again

Post by Adrian Allan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:55 pm

The song was originally written for a soprano, so I have included this very fine performance, to give you an idea of what it should sound like.

Sadly, the guitar will never express a melodic line with such beauty, but we have to appreciate the guitar for what it is.

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:55 am

Hi Adrian,

thank you for this nice arrangement - and also for all the other pieces you have already published here.

Bernhard

Adrian Allan

Post by Adrian Allan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:04 am

Bernhard Heimann wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:55 am
Hi Adrian,

thank you for this nice arrangement - and also for all the other pieces you have already published here.

Bernhard
Thank you for taking an interest. I will be publishing a book containing all of these in the next few weeks.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”