[PDF] Tchaikovsky, P. I. - op.20 Ballet Swanlake (Act II, No.10) Duo Flute/Guitar

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
musikai

[PDF] Tchaikovsky, P. I. - op.20 Ballet Swanlake (Act II, No.10) Duo Flute/Guitar

Post by musikai » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Hello,
dedicated to my father comes my Duo-Arrangement of Tchaikovsky, P. I. - op.20 Ballet Swanlake (Act II, No.10) for Flute and Guitar.
It was the last Ballet my parents visited together and a friend of mine - the wonderful flutist Kozue Sato* and I decided to play a melody of it.
I played the guitar based on the Piano/Flute Arrangement by Manuele Pinna (you can find it on IMSLP) and now finally found the time to notate it down.

*PS: BTW if you want to listen to Kozue Sato playing Telemann with her Ensemble Barockin:

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBt11rYjP4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by musikai on Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

Adrian Allan

Re: [PDF] Tchaikovsky, P. I. - op.20 Ballet Swanlake (Act II, No.10) Duo Flute/Guitar

Post by Adrian Allan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Looks very good and quite a challenge
D'Ammassa Spruce/Spruce Double Top

musikai

Re: [PDF] Tchaikovsky, P. I. - op.20 Ballet Swanlake (Act II, No.10) Duo Flute/Guitar

Post by musikai » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:10 pm

Thank you! I can asure you, it can't be too difficult...since even me could play it :-) Indeed the beginning has some challenging arpeggios and I admit that in the performance I simplified the arpeggio of bar 6 to keep in time. (But in compensation I played more complex arpeggios in bars 17-18, and since I wasn't able to notate that exactly I went for a simpler version and added "arpeggio ad lib." to the section.)
As for the descending arpeggios at the beginning in bar 5 the non-secret key for the whole piece is keeping the pulse and timing. Then it's really fun and beauty and it's also getting easier later in the piece.
Free Sagreras Gitarrenschule PDF
Free Project: LibreOffice Songbook Architect (LOSA)
See website link

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”