[PDF] Gow, Neil - Lament

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
mordent

[PDF] Gow, Neil - Lament

Post by mordent » Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:59 pm

Here is my arrangement of the lovely Lament by the Scottish "violinist" Neil Gow.
I have taken it from Gow's original violin score in D. Major. and arranged and adapted it for guitar in G. Major. with incursions in E. Minor. It fleetingly touches the 1XX. position! The Intro is my own. Note that in the penultimate bar of the Intro the indicated slide should be played without plucking the arrival note "G". The pianissimo markings here should be observed.
I have now included Tab.in this Score and taken this opportunity to amend a couple of obvious mistakes in the notation part and in addition modified bar 23. to something that sounds,to me, better.
Please post me if you spot any mistakes in the Tab.since I'm still new to this!. Regards all. Mordent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:09 pm

Hello Mike,

You are a star!

Thank you so much for taking this on and for sharing your arrangement with us. This is going to be be played and played and played!

Best wishes, V :D :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

mordent

Score postings.

Post by mordent » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:17 pm

Thank you Vesuvius for your kind response to my Score postings.
It is always nice to hear that one's efforts are appreciated.
I am a newcomer to this wonderful Forum-I love it- and reading past posts I couldn't help noticing how prompt,generous and encouraging you always are to members postings--particularly new members. You are clearly a particularly nice human being.
I note that you "hail from the same neck of the woods" as I.
Mordent.

Vesuvio

Re: Score postings.

Post by Vesuvio » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:10 am

Hello Mordent,
mordent wrote:...You are clearly a particularly nice human being...
You are too kind. You wouldn't I was any kind of human being if you heard me play my guitar—you'd probably call the RSPCA!

Even worse, I'm not a true Northener—I'm still an offcumden as I have only been here 16 years!

Best wishes, V :wink:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:51 pm

Wow, thanks for the arrangement lots and lots Mike Mordent.
regs,

Russ :) :roll:

mordent

Re: Anonymous - Neil Gow's Lament

Post by mordent » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:00 pm

Hi! All. I have now reposted this Score in PDF.in place of the original which was somewhat illegible.The Score is now crystal clear. Regards. Mordent.

Vesuvio

Re: Anonymous - Neil Gow's Lament

Post by Vesuvio » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:08 am

Hello Mike,

Thank you so much for the update!

Best wishes, V :)

mordent

Gow's Lament.

Post by mordent » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:51 pm

Hi ! All. I have reposted Neil Gows Lament To include Tab.together with notation.I have also taken this opportunity to amend a couple of obvious mistakes im the original notation and to alter bar,23. to something ,I think,better. Regards. Mordent.

Vesuvio

Re: Gow's Lament.

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:40 pm

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for doing this, it is very kind of you,

Best wishes, V :)

Brock

Post by Brock » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 am

Thank you for the updated version.

Azalais

Post by Azalais » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:38 am

Thank you so much mordent.

persian_GG

How much Grade ?

Post by persian_GG » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:51 pm

hi
this peace seems be very hard...
how much Grade needed to play it..? :shock:

Claus

Re: [PDF] Gow, Neil - Lament

Post by Claus » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:59 am

Together with a recording and the added TAB it's a lot easier now to study and improve on this very nice piece (although it will take very long until I'm coming even close to the recording).

Thank you very much!

Claus

avoz

Post by avoz » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Mordent, A lovely arrangement, in the same key as David Russell's version, but slightly easier (no scordatura problems) - it would form a nice combination with Cookie's beautiful setting in D , forming a tonic-dominant relationship G/D/G (or vice-versa). I hear echoes of 'Westering Home' and wonder which came first chronologically. Avoz.

mordent

Post by mordent » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Hi Avoz. Thank you for your kind remarks .Your comments re "Westering Home" are interesting since I also find echoes of that old Irish folk song "Believe Me If All Those Endearing Young Charms"--the Gallic connection no doubt !. Kind Regards. Mordent.

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”