[PDF] Anon. - Quisiera Ser - Venezuelan Song

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
spronev

[PDF] Anon. - Quisiera Ser - Venezuelan Song

Post by spronev » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:21 pm

This is my arrangement of Quisiera Ser - a beautiful Venezuelan song that I've been meaning for a while now to arrange at an intermediate level in order to play it. Looking forward to seeing others play it as well.

Here is a thread with a video of me playing it:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=70376&p=768201#p768036

Svilen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

williamgroome

Re: [PDF] Anonymous - Quisiera Ser - Venezuelan Song

Post by williamgroome » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Svilen,
I just did a quick sight read thru it and besides being a nice little tune, your arrangement is quite good. Something to add to my ever increasing pile of music to work on. Good job.
Question, what do you think of using the open high E string on the opening phrase and others like it for a little dissonance added to the piece?

William

Tarbaby (1953 - 2016)

Re: [PDF] Anonymous - Quisiera Ser - Venezuelan Song

Post by Tarbaby (1953 - 2016) » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Congratulations on your first arrangement Svilen! :bravo:

I just gave it a read through and agree with William. It's very well done! I also agree that it's kind of nice to use an open E for a little dissonance with the F on the 2nd string. It's just as easy to play it that way.

Good job!

Alan

ps. I fixed your links between the PDF and your video. (They weren't working). :wink:

spronev

Re: [PDF] Anon. - Quisiera Ser - Venezuelan Song

Post by spronev » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:37 am

Thanks Guys!

Of course, open to making changes as you play it and looking forward to see others play it as well!

Svilen

Aucaman

Post by Aucaman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:32 am

Beautiful melody! Who wrote this song? Are there any lyrics to it? The first phrase does sound like I could sing it as "Quisiera ser ...." (I'd like to be ....)

Kent

Post by Kent » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:39 pm

Svilen,
Thank you for sharing this with us.
I will have fun playing this piece tonight.

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:57 pm

:merci: Thank you for giving your arrangement to us.
Now, the hard part...trying to play it as beautifully as you do. :wink:

Kay :sorride:
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

spronev

Post by spronev » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:28 pm

Aucaman wrote:Beautiful melody! Who wrote this song? Are there any lyrics to it? The first phrase does sound like I could sing it as "Quisiera ser ...." (I'd like to be ....)
To the best of my knowledge the author is unknown. There is an arrangement done by Antonio Lauro for 3 guitars which can be heard on youtube on the "guitarvenezuela" channel (search for "Venezuelan Popular Song") - played in that recording by three excellent guitarists including Lauro himself.

Svilen

Aucaman

Post by Aucaman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Thank you for the link. That was really beautiful :casque: ; but your arrangement for one guitar is just as good! :bravo: I'm trying to learn it by heart so that I can play it all the time.
:merci:

wmihail

Post by wmihail » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:39 am

Thank you for this small beautiful piece... it's a pleasure listen to and playing it.

banl

Post by banl » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:36 am

NIce arrangement that will be a joy to play.

Bert

rogerk

Post by rogerk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:20 am

Very nice. I'm putting this near the top of my list to learn.

I may have found one small fingering error in measure 9. If the 3rd string A is held with the 2nd finger, it is not possible to hold the F with the same finger in the next beat. I believe you meant for the F to be held with 3rd finger?

But that is nitpicky. Really, thank you for giving us such a nice piece to play.

spronev

Post by spronev » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:11 am

rogerk wrote:Very nice. I'm putting this near the top of my list to learn.

I may have found one small fingering error in measure 9. If the 3rd string A is held with the 2nd finger, it is not possible to hold the F with the same finger in the next beat. I believe you meant for the F to be held with 3rd finger?

But that is nitpicky. Really, thank you for giving us such a nice piece to play.
Yes, you are right, F should be held with the 3rd finger in that measure. I checked it quite a few times but still did not catch this one.

Svilen

Fabbri

Post by Fabbri » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Thanks for your arrangement. It's a little gem.

Elías López Cruz

Post by Elías López Cruz » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Svilen! As a child I used to hear a song by this name, the lyrics was something like "...Quisiera ser el primer motivo de tu vivir/ y así poder estar en tus sueños y en tu vivir/ representar en tu vida el sol ..." I don´t remember the rest of the song but the tune was not the one of your arrangement. It is good anyway.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" Ramírez replica 2011, Arturo Hernández Hauser replica (2014), Karina Mendoza Fleta replica (2016).

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”