[PDF] Händel, G. F. - Lascia la spina - Aria

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
hhenn

[PDF] Händel, G. F. - Lascia la spina - Aria

Post by hhenn » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Lascia la spina is the first version of an Aria Handel in the opera "Il trionfo del tempo a del disignano". Handel was using this melody also in two other operas with different text. There are lots of different versions around. I made my transciption from the original version of the aria. In the first part Handel has written scores for voice and violin and the basso continuo. The second part is voice an basso continuo only. This means you have to expand the B.C. youself. I have tried to make the parts with voice richer. The recording of this piece by Cecila Bartoli is very precisely following the original score by Handel. The iece is nice as an encore because everybody knows the melody.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by GeoffB on Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrupted file replaced

Bernhard Heimann

Re: [PDF] Händel, G. F. - Lascia la spina - Aria

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi!

I've always known this aria as "Lascia chìo pianga" (from Rinaldo), and I've been looking for a good
guitar score for a long time (I have some of them here, but they are either too simple to sound good
or too difficult for me). Now it looks like I've found what I've been looking for...

:merci:

Bernhard

hhenn

Post by hhenn » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:00 pm

You're right the aria was "reused" for "Lascia chio pianga" . Handel, Bach, Mozart and others reused their Hits quite often also for chamber music.

helmut.keustermans

Post by helmut.keustermans » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Nice version.
Thanks

Jedaks

Post by Jedaks » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:13 am

Thank you. I have this beautiful piece in D but it is nice in A also. Much appreciated
"He gave it for his opinion, that whoever could make two ears of corn, or two blades of grass, to grow upon a spot of ground where only one grew before, would deserve better of mankind"... J.Swift

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”