[PNG] Schumann, Robert - op.68/03 Humming Song

Compositions and arrangements by members of the forum.
Forum rules
III Ours MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Author’s rights

Title format: [PDF/JPG tag] Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. [PDF] Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla
or [PDF] Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or [PDF] Anon. - Packington's Pound (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.
mc1

[PNG] Schumann, Robert - op.68/03 Humming Song

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:14 pm

an arrangement of humming song.
op68no3.png
listen here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=95177&p=1012231#p1012231
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aven

Re: [PNG] Schummann, Robert - op.68/3 Humming Song

Post by aven » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Hello, Why cant I see the link for the sheet music, it says I don't have permission, Can any moderator help. Thank you.

waikuentsui

Post by waikuentsui » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:37 pm

aven wrote:Hello, Why cant I see the link for the sheet music, it says I don't have permission, Can any moderator help. Thank you.
You only have 5 posts and belong to the 002 group
You likely need to belong to the 020 group.
In order to joint the 020 group, you need total post count of 20 at the very least.

Join some discussions or do some welcome posts to new members.
Once you post count exceeded 20, click on your "aven" icon and go the "User Control Panel".
Click on the "Usergroups" tab and select the 020 group membership button.
Click "Submit" button at the bottom and request to join.
You may have to wait a day or two until a moderator has a chance to review your request.

mc1

Post by mc1 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:40 pm

thanks waikuensui.

aven, i'll pm you a link.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:37 pm

aven wrote:Hello, Why cant I see the link for the sheet music, it says I don't have permission, Can any moderator help. Thank you.
Waikuentsui's helpful comment does apply in the case of Delcamp scores from level D04 upwards, but you should, in fact, be able to see members' scores with group 002, which you already have. Rather than hijack the thread, I'll send you a PM.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

ashepps

Re: [PNG] Schummann, Robert - op.68/03 Humming Song

Post by ashepps » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:10 pm

mc1 wrote:an arrangement of humming song.
op68no3.png
listen here:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=95177&p=1012231#p1012231
I have you piece and will try it soon. What made me initially of interest is how can you get an image file uploaded as well as use an URL?

Thanks for the piece and hope you can help with adding a pdf, text or whatever.

I have a few incomplete bars that I just found of an old recording of mine and of course I failed to complet the piece, but there is enough music there to either scribble it down on paper or play a few of the bars by converting to a wav file. It is a cute ditty, I would love to know what it is and go back to my books and find it.

Thanks for any help.

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1986 630mm Asturias JM-15 Spruce
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R
2015 650mm Yamaha SLG110N

mc1

Post by mc1 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:22 pm

ashepps wrote: I have you piece and will try it soon. What made me initially of interest is how can you get an image file uploaded as well as use an URL?

Thanks for the piece and hope you can help with adding a pdf, text or whatever.

I have a few incomplete bars that I just found of an old recording of mine and of course I failed to complet the piece, but there is enough music there to either scribble it down on paper or play a few of the bars by converting to a wav file. It is a cute ditty, I would love to know what it is and go back to my books and find it.

Thanks for any help.

Alan
well, i created the png image file using some software made to create notation. the software i use, sibelius, needs to be purchased. there is free software available for notation. anyway, once i had the image file i simply uploaded it to the forum using the attachments tab below (next to options,) when i started this thread, and the forum software does the rest (shows the image and stores the file). so if you wrote it down on paper you would need to either scan it or take a photo and then you could upload that and ask members to help identify it.

if you are in the right subforum you could alternatively upload a sound file.

does that make sense?

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:51 pm

mc1 wrote: well, i created the png image file using some software made to create notation. the software i use, sibelius, needs to be purchased. there is free software available for notation. anyway, once i had the image file i simply uploaded it to the forum using the attachments tab below (next to options,) when i started this thread, and the forum software does the rest (shows the image and stores the file). so if you wrote it down on paper you would need to either scan it or take a photo and then you could upload that and ask members to help identify it. if you are in the right subforum you could alternatively upload a sound file.does that make sense?
Thanks for the help and yes it makes sense except why a png file? Now I see the attachment tab below, how did I miss that before? I do have SmartScore that I have to learn first, but I don't think it uses a .png file it uses .eng from my little time playing with it.

I have noticed that I can change a .png file just by changing the format manually to a .jpg. I do have Graphic Converter also. I seem good for a the image attachment!

So the right forum for a music file/question may be the student area I would presume, but usually I presume wrong. Lead me that way if you can or, if you don't mind, tell me where to find the instruction on how to do things!

Thanks again, I am almost there (except I have not found a way yet to reduce an avatar to the hellish small amount that is need on the forum.

Best Regards,

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

mc1

Post by mc1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:19 pm

ashepps wrote: Thanks for the help and yes it makes sense except why a png file? Now I see the attachment tab below, how did I miss that before? I do have SmartScore that I have to learn first, but I don't think it uses a .png file it uses .eng from my little time playing with it.

I have noticed that I can change a .png file just by changing the format manually to a .jpg. I do have Graphic Converter also. I seem good for a the image attachment!

So the right forum for a music file/question may be the student area I would presume, but usually I presume wrong. Lead me that way if you can or, if you don't mind, tell me where to find the instruction on how to do things!

Thanks again, I am almost there (except I have not found a way yet to reduce an avatar to the hellish small amount that is need on the forum.

Best Regards,

Alan
hi alan,

well, i am not an expert on the board, but i'll give you my best advice. the threads that support graphics files seem to accept PDF, GIF, PNG, and JPG file types, so you'll need to use one of those. i'm not familiar with ENG. i used PNG just because my notation program supports it and it seems to look very crisp.

as for where to put it, you could possibly ask a moderator by starting a thread in the "your messages to the administrator" subforum. if it were me, i might just try to started a thread in "public space" or "classical guitar classes". some of the subforums won't allow certain uploads, for example graphics files. i'm not sure about these two subforums, but they might work. i don't thik there is a lot of harm in trying, a moderator can move your thread if it is in the wrong place, and you can blame me. :)

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:51 am

mc1 wrote: hi alan, well, i am not an expert on the board, but i'll give you my best advice. the threads that support graphics files seem to accept PDF, GIF, PNG, and JPG file types, so you'll need to use one of those. i'm not familiar with ENG. i used PNG just because my notation program supports it and it seems to look very crisp. as for where to put it, you could possibly ask a moderator by starting a thread in the "your messages to the administrator" subforum. if it were me, i might just try to started a thread in "public space" or "classical guitar classes". some of the subforums won't allow certain uploads, for example graphics files. i'm not sure about these two subforums, but they might work. i don't thik there is a lot of harm in trying, a moderator can move your thread if it is in the wrong place, and you can blame me. :)
Thanks very much, this is good and I will catch on, it is about time!

By the way my SmartScore gives an ENF file now that I see what I wrote ENG.

Anyway, thanks again!

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

ashepps

Post by ashepps » Sat May 16, 2015 2:05 am

[/quote] hi alan, well, i am not an expert on the board, but i'll give you my best advice. the threads that support graphics files seem to accept PDF, GIF, PNG, and JPG file types, so you'll need to use one of those. i'm not familiar with ENG. i used PNG just because my notation program supports it and it seems to look very crisp.[/quote]

Someone did reply to me that .png would not work on the forum (anybody correct me if I am wrong but I Tried) but .jpg will work.

All you have to do with a .png is to change it manually to .jpg and the forum will take it.

Alan
Alan Sheppard
1955 650mm Framus SL-32R

Return to “Our scores for classical guitar”