Cannot access duets

This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Forum rules
This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Audio files contributed on the "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum remain the property of their contributors. Joint recordings incorporating such files may not be published anywhere other than on the Delcamp forums.
Atocha5

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Atocha5 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 pm
pogmoor wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm
Atocha5 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am
Hi Geoff, thanks for trying to help. “You are not authorised to download this attachment” is the message I get. I only use my iPad, and I am definitely logged it...however, when I come back to this section to write to you, suddenly I am NOT logged in and need to log in a second time. When I go from here to the “virtual duos, etc.” page, I am logged in but not allowed access to the duos. Each time I have tested it tonight, I have had to log back in again as I switch back here to write to you.
It does seem to be a feature of the mobile version of Safari that it doesn't remember logins between one forum page and another. Yesterday I came across a workaround of sorts - it requires the use of the mobile version of the Google Chrome browser. (It may work with other browsers, but I haven't tried that.)
This is what you do:
1) Install the iOS version of Chrome (from the App Store)
2) Copy the following bit of code exactly (including the semicolon):

javascript:location.href="googlechrome"+location.href.substring(4);

3) Create a Bookmark for any Safari page (click the Sharing icon - square with a vertical arrow in it - and choose Add Bookmark)
4) Open the Safari bookmarks bar (with the icon that looks like an open book) find your new bookmark and click “edit”.
5) Rename your new bookmark to “Open in Chrome” or something like that.
6) Delete the URL in the bookmark and paste in the code that you have copied in step 2.

Then, when you log in to the forum or open a link to a forum page in Safari, click the bookmark and it opens the page in Chrome. Using Chrome you can then navigate to further pages and use new tabs without being logged out.
Thanks so much! I downloaded Chrome and everything works brilliantly...amazing.
Hi again, this only worked once and then “disallowed” me again. I am hopeful that applying to the 020 group might help...
otherwise I am back to recording duet parts myself...but it would be more challenging playing against other recordings! Thanks anyway for your good suggestion.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by GeoffB » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Atocha5 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 pm

I didn’t know about the group. I was able to access the duos after downloading Chrome...but should I also apply for the 020 group? May I do that through you? Thanks for the suggestion and the help.
The group will be useful if you want to download any of the Delcamp scores from level D04 upwards, and there are one or two other instances when you might need it, but as far as I recall, it shouldn't make any difference to accessing the duets section. There are instructions on applying here.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Return to “Virtual duos, trios and ensembles”