Cannot access duets

This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Forum rules
This is where we can post our audio recordings (MP3 or OGG) of pieces for more than one guitar, where one part has been deliberately omitted, to enable other members to practise playing the missing part along with our recording.
Audio files contributed on the "Virtual duos, trios and ensembles" forum remain the property of their contributors. Joint recordings incorporating such files may not be published anywhere other than on the Delcamp forums.
Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:58 am

Hi, I can’t seem to access this section of Delcamp forums. I get a message saying that I am not authorized to use it. Can you tell me what I can do so I can play along? Thanks!

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 35416
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by GeoffB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:00 am

I can't see any clear reason why you wouldn't be able to access it (and your post above is posted in this section, so you can definitely create topics here). I can only think that at some point you have tried to download a recording without actually being logged in, which would give you a message something like that. This can sometimes happen if you've accessed the forum via two different devices, and see yourself listed as logged in on one while in fact the session is linked to the other one. Could you try again and, if it still doesn't work, let me know exactly what you were trying to do when you got the message?
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am

Hi Geoff, thanks for trying to help. “You are not authorised to download this attachment” is the message I get. I only use my iPad, and I am definitely logged it...however, when I come back to this section to write to you, suddenly I am NOT logged in and need to log in a second time. When I go from here to the “virtual duos, etc.” page, I am logged in but not allowed access to the duos. Each time I have tested it tonight, I have had to log back in again as I switch back here to write to you.

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 35416
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 am

Some other members have had a similar problem of frequent logouts when using iPads, particularly with the Safari browser. We're not sure what is causing it, but various suggestions have been made, which may or may not help in your case:

Make sure that you include the "www" in the web address of the forum when logging in;
If possible, try using a different browser;
Try working within one tab instead of opening a new tab;
Try at different times of day, in case there is a bottleneck causing timeouts somewhere between your ISP and the forum server;
Try clearing forum cookies (from the link at the bottom right of the main forum page) and browser cookies;
If you have access to a different device, try using that.

If none of that helps, I'm not sure what else we can try. :?
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

simonm
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9263
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Spain, IB

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by simonm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am

Hmm … have you applied to be a member of the 020 group?

User avatar
pogmoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9797
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:55 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by pogmoor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Atocha5 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am
Hi Geoff, thanks for trying to help. “You are not authorised to download this attachment” is the message I get. I only use my iPad, and I am definitely logged it...however, when I come back to this section to write to you, suddenly I am NOT logged in and need to log in a second time. When I go from here to the “virtual duos, etc.” page, I am logged in but not allowed access to the duos. Each time I have tested it tonight, I have had to log back in again as I switch back here to write to you.
It does seem to be a feature of the mobile version of Safari that it doesn't remember logins between one forum page and another. Yesterday I came across a workaround of sorts - it requires the use of the mobile version of the Google Chrome browser. (It may work with other browsers, but I haven't tried that.)
This is what you do:
1) Install the iOS version of Chrome (from the App Store)
2) Copy the following bit of code exactly (including the semicolon):

javascript:location.href="googlechrome"+location.href.substring(4);

3) Create a Bookmark for any Safari page (click the Sharing icon - square with a vertical arrow in it - and choose Add Bookmark)
4) Open the Safari bookmarks bar (with the icon that looks like an open book) find your new bookmark and click “edit”.
5) Rename your new bookmark to “Open in Chrome” or something like that.
6) Delete the URL in the bookmark and paste in the code that you have copied in step 2.

Then, when you log in to the forum or open a link to a forum page in Safari, click the bookmark and it opens the page in Chrome. Using Chrome you can then navigate to further pages and use new tabs without being logged out.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:38 pm

I don't know how you worked that out, pogmoor, but well done!

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:38 pm

And thanks!!

User avatar
pogmoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9797
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:55 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by pogmoor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:41 pm

RobMacKillop wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:38 pm
I don't know how you worked that out, pogmoor, but well done!
Mr. Google helped me - it was someone else's idea.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

RobMacKillop
Posts: 3846
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by RobMacKillop » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 pm

You didn't have to say that ;-)

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm

Thanks for your time,Geoff, I will try everything.
GeoffB wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 am
Some other members have had a similar problem of frequent logouts when using iPads, particularly with the Safari browser. We're not sure what is causing it, but various suggestions have been made, which may or may not help in your case:

Make sure that you include the "www" in the web address of the forum when logging in;
If possible, try using a different browser;
Try working within one tab instead of opening a new tab;
Try at different times of day, in case there is a bottleneck causing timeouts somewhere between your ISP and the forum server;
Try clearing forum cookies (from the link at the bottom right of the main forum page) and browser cookies;
If you have access to a different device, try using that.

If none of that helps, I'm not sure what else we can try. :?

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:12 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:31 pm
Atocha5 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:24 am
Hi Geoff, thanks for trying to help. “You are not authorised to download this attachment” is the message I get. I only use my iPad, and I am definitely logged it...however, when I come back to this section to write to you, suddenly I am NOT logged in and need to log in a second time. When I go from here to the “virtual duos, etc.” page, I am logged in but not allowed access to the duos. Each time I have tested it tonight, I have had to log back in again as I switch back here to write to you.
It does seem to be a feature of the mobile version of Safari that it doesn't remember logins between one forum page and another. Yesterday I came across a workaround of sorts - it requires the use of the mobile version of the Google Chrome browser. (It may work with other browsers, but I haven't tried that.)
This is what you do:
1) Install the iOS version of Chrome (from the App Store)
2) Copy the following bit of code exactly (including the semicolon):

javascript:location.href="googlechrome"+location.href.substring(4);

3) Create a Bookmark for any Safari page (click the Sharing icon - square with a vertical arrow in it - and choose Add Bookmark)
4) Open the Safari bookmarks bar (with the icon that looks like an open book) find your new bookmark and click “edit”.
5) Rename your new bookmark to “Open in Chrome” or something like that.
6) Delete the URL in the bookmark and paste in the code that you have copied in step 2.

Then, when you log in to the forum or open a link to a forum page in Safari, click the bookmark and it opens the page in Chrome. Using Chrome you can then navigate to further pages and use new tabs without being logged out.
Thanks so much! I downloaded Chrome and everything works brilliantly...amazing.

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 pm

Atocha5 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Thanks for your time,Geoff, I will try everything.
GeoffB wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 am
Some other members have had a similar problem of frequent logouts when using iPads, particularly with the Safari browser. We're not sure what is causing it, but various suggestions have been made, which may or may not help in your case:

Make sure that you include the "www" in the web address of the forum when logging in;
If possible, try using a different browser;
Try working within one tab instead of opening a new tab;
Try at different times of day, in case there is a bottleneck causing timeouts somewhere between your ISP and the forum server;
Try clearing forum cookies (from the link at the bottom right of the main forum page) and browser cookies;
If you have access to a different device, try using that.

If none of that helps, I'm not sure what else we can try. :?
Hello again, I just downloaded Chrome and I can access everything...endless thanks!

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:21 pm

simonm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am
Hmm … have you applied to be a member of the 020 group?
I didn’t know about the group. I was able to access the duos after downloading Chrome...but should I also apply for the 020 group? May I do that through you? Thanks for the suggestion and the help.

Atocha5
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Re: Cannot access duets

Post by Atocha5 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Atocha5 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:14 pm
Atocha5 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:55 pm
Thanks for your time,Geoff, I will try everything.
GeoffB wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:01 am
Some other members have had a similar problem of frequent logouts when using iPads, particularly with the Safari browser. We're not sure what is causing it, but various suggestions have been made, which may or may not help in your case:

Make sure that you include the "www" in the web address of the forum when logging in;
If possible, try using a different browser;
Try working within one tab instead of opening a new tab;
Try at different times of day, in case there is a bottleneck causing timeouts somewhere between your ISP and the forum server;
Try clearing forum cookies (from the link at the bottom right of the main forum page) and browser cookies;
If you have access to a different device, try using that.

If none of that helps, I'm not sure what else we can try. :?
Hello again, I just downloaded Chrome and I can access everything...endless thanks!
False alarm...it only worked one time and then the message about “not authorised” began again. Maybe the answer is to apply for the 020 group as someone suggested? So sorry to take up your time.

Return to “Virtual duos, trios and ensembles”