Tradesman, Classical Guitar and Nails ?

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
ElectricLute

Tradesman, Classical Guitar and Nails ?

Post by ElectricLute » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:54 am

ElectricLute wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:51 am
Di Mauro wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:10 am
I’ve been A Firefighter for many years (volunteerFF, seasonal wildland FF, and now a FF In a city Fire dept). I’ve had big problems with nails. What I do is keep my nails as short as possible, which I believe is good for accuracy and practice. When I can grow them out a bit, all the time spent with very short nails has made my accuracy very tight. Another thing I do at work is wear gloves whenever I can. The last is I try to use my left hand whenever I can. I’ve had guitars finger nails for so long now I’ve adapted well to always being very aware of them. The first three to four years I was breaking nails all the time and as time has passed with nails I break them much less now.
I did the same , getting into the habit of using my left hand for picking things up , opening doors etc . I started doing this after reading of Bream breaking a nail opening a door and how he changed hands . It took a lot of time to get used to but the rate of breaking nails dropped drastically .
1984 Paul Fischer
1975 Tamura
2000 Oskar Graf 10 string
Alhambra 9P CW

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”