Duplicate

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
ButtChin

Duplicate

Post by ButtChin » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Marshall Dixon wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:34 pm
ButtChin wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:32 am

My theories are that the angle could be messed up, the saddle might be rattling in its seat, or the string is somehow moving on the saddle to cause the buzz. It may be hard to diagnose the problem without seeing the guitar in person, but can anyone possible weigh in on this? Attached is a picture.
Hard to say how snug a fit you have at the saddle by looking at the picture, but a thin coat of CA glue (on the saddle and dry before insertion) will add a micrometer or two and help snug it up.

Try seating the wrap in front of the tie block in a lower position.

Other than the buzz, how do you like the sound of the brass?
So far, I like the sound of the brass. I feel like it makes the guitar less bright, but also balances it and brings out the highs and mids a bit more, which is particularly good for my bass-y Ramirez R3. It all is a pretty subtle change. I think I may eventually try the brass nut with the bone saddle though.

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”