Mertz, J. K. - Elegie - Video - No File

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
guitargiiiirl

Mertz, J. K. - Elegie - Video - No File

Post by guitargiiiirl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Heyy!!!
Here is my latest version of the Elegie. I hope you'll enjoy it.
See you around,
Katrin

cheers,
katrin
Last edited by guitargiiiirl on Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

drvmusic

Re: Johann Kaspar Mertz, Elegie played by Katrin Endrikat

Post by drvmusic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 pm

Oh my! This is wonderful!

You have an amazing sense of dynamics and I thoroughly enjoyed this! Welcome to the board and thank you for sharing this!

:bravo:

-Scott

guitargiiiirl

Post by guitargiiiirl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi Scott,
thanks for the comment, and I'm glad you like it. The feedback is very important, because I honestly wasn't sure if this would be a good one...it's always a battle between me and myself.
How is your playing coming? Any videos to share here?

Katrin

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Hello Katrin,

What can I say? This is glorious!

Best wishes, V :D :bravo: :merci:
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Frederic

Post by Frederic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:07 pm

Splendid. A difficult piece played with great emotion. Who is the maker of your guitar? I have several. The jewel in my crown is a 1969 Ramirez 1A, that I have owned since I was 20. Ooops, that tells you my age. I have always played long scale guitars, but my next purchase will be a spruce top short scale. However, I imagine that scale length is of little concern to you, as your playing will always be well executed on any guitar.
Best Regards. :guitare:

drvmusic

Post by drvmusic » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:33 pm

guitargiiiirl wrote:Hi Scott,
thanks for the comment, and I'm glad you like it. The feedback is very important, because I honestly wasn't sure if this would be a good one...it's always a battle between me and myself.
How is your playing coming? Any videos to share here?

Katrin
Katrin,

Well, let me put it this way.. I'm 38 and a long long way from playing as well as you do! ;) I do have 2 MP3's from a year and a half ago (or so) in the "Our Own Works" forum, but that's from long before I began formal CG lessons (I was a jazz/rock player for 25+ years before I started to seriously consider CG a few years ago).

Still working on my 20 Carullis ;)

You are so lucky to be blessed with such talent at a young age! Keep it up! I was able to view a couple more of your videos on YouTube. You are truly a talented player and your passion for the music shows!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing more!

-Scott

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Post by Denian Arcoleo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:12 pm

You have so much passion for the music and the guitar! The music really moves forward excitingly and your technique is great.
Thanks for posting this beautiful piece which is such a jewel in the repertoire.

All the best

Denian

guitargiiiirl

Post by guitargiiiirl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 pm

Frederic wrote:Splendid. A difficult piece played with great emotion. Who is the maker of your guitar? I have several. The jewel in my crown is a 1969 Ramirez 1A, that I have owned since I was 20. Ooops, that tells you my age. I have always played long scale guitars, but my next purchase will be a spruce top short scale. However, I imagine that scale length is of little concern to you, as your playing will always be well executed on any guitar.
Best Regards. :guitare:
Hi!!
Thank you for watching. I'm very lucky to own a Roland Scharbatke, a german guitar with Canadian Cedar Top. It suits my life very well (German--Canadian) :D I got this instrument at the Iserlohn guitar festival this summer, and I can only say that this makes playing CG 1000 times easier. I always wonder if this instrument plays from itself...it doesn't need me..it's too bad the sound doesn't come through so well in my videos...I always record with my Sony digital camera :lol: Well when I get older and make a bit more money I'll invest into a real mic.
Wish you good luck for your new purchase. And by the way, the scale length is VERY important to me!!! haha don't get me wrong here :wink:
cheers,
katrin

owl

Post by owl » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Katrin... you break my heart!
For one so young to be able bring out the grief and passion in this music is just overwhelming
I played this piece at a concert last year, and I now pass that standing ovation on to you... as I am standing with them

Thank you for this wonderful interpretation... I have no more words

Joy in the music

Owl
Never, ever give up!... I leave my songprint on your heart.

KeMe

Post by KeMe » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:51 pm

Dear Katrin,
What in incredable performance!
I really love the expression of emotions that you were able to bring out in this piece.
Congratulations for a job well done. Thank you for allowing us to have an opportunity to watch you play.
:merci:

:ride: Kay
Music touches the heart, but playing classical guitar can lift your heart and enrich your life.

clebar

Post by clebar » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:49 am

Oh me oh my!

What can I say that others haven't said already...

I immediately downloaded this to my A-list. Thanks very much for sharing your emotionally charged interpretation of this beautiful piece. I'm looking forward to your future performances.

Best regards,
clebar

:bravo:

Michael

Post by Michael » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Katrin, this is truly wonderful.

You knock my socks off with your performance of this very passionate and grief-stricken piece of music.

I applaud your apparent effortlessness in your playing and the different feelings you expressed so eloquently.
Your Roland Scharbatke guitar is lucky to have you as an owner, because guitars do not play themselves, they need hands and skill such as yours to coax them into life.

Like others here, my words can't do justice to your performance.

Just wonderful and thank you so much for sharing your gift with us.
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
(Frank Zappa)

rayjang

Post by rayjang » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:18 am

Katrin:

You are sensational. Thank you for showing how expressive the guitar can be in the right hands.

As a beginner and at an old age, I am hopeful in time I will learn some part of what you did moving so surely everywhere on the neck.

Best wishes for a long, successful future in guitar.

Kind regards, Ray in Cincy.

guitargiiiirl

Post by guitargiiiirl » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:47 am

Hi CG friends!
I can't reply to every individual one of you here, but this message should go to everybody who posted these nice, rewarding words to my video. I can't believe it!!! I just wanted to say thank you and how much they mean to mean. Seriously!
If anyone needs or wants my help with anything related to guitar (of cause!!) please don't hesitate and send me a message, and I will reply!
Okidok, I just felt I should reply to all these great threads.

By best to you all!
Katrin (guitargiiiirl)

Factotem9

Post by Factotem9 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:17 am

Your sense of pathos and tragedy is well beyond your years. Come to think of it, so is your playing. Hopefully, this is just the first of many videos that you post.

Have you considered going to a university with a great guitar program? I'd be happy to recommend you to a few. With that video, you could write your own ticket.

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”