Gavyn Chalmers - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Gavyn Chalmers - No file

Post by Matthew McAllister » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:09 am

Hello everyone,

Well folks Gavin is on fire at the moment and has got the perfomance bug, here is his latest offering!

Coming up this weekend debut performances by Cameron & Connor - not to be missed! Both are about to sit their grade 5.

I have many students of varying ages, and standard, I have added a play list to my You Tube channel specifically for my students to take to the screen and enjoy sharing with you their performances.

I hope that you will take the time to have a look and offer considered and positive encouragement to some very talented and committed individuals.

Here is the link to the complete student playlist:

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1E5006D74E7157C9

Matthew
Last edited by Matthew McAllister on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

XLR

Re: Encouragement for students (Part4)

Post by XLR » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 am

Kudos for presenting your students in such a way that makes them look and sound so good. 8)

Technically speaking, it's a noisy camera mic but all things considered, the guitar tone comes across rich and full.

What comes to mind, oddly, is that when the guitarists get to be a couple years older, they'd probably find that a vid like this, with some minor editing, might be very attractive to girls. I guess, at a gut level, maybe that's what we men guitarists are always thinking about. :mrgreen:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:10 am

Hello Gavin,

Thank you for letting us watch you play again. Keep up the good work!

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

eales

Post by eales » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:52 am

Really good Gavin. Your rhythm is very accurate - spot on, and that's a lovely confident tone. I look forward to more of your work and will mention it to my pupils.

It's really helpful for other learners, to have these pieces online. It's easy to get CDs of the very advanced concert repertoire but you don't often see the student repertoire, apart from John Mills' work that is.

Thanks Gavin!

Robert03

Post by Robert03 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:28 pm

Very nice Gavin. Than you for sharing that. :)

CPA

Post by CPA » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:07 pm

Very nicely done Gavin. Kidos again for a teachers initiative and creativity in stimulating interest and encouragement.

Olin Hunter

Post by Olin Hunter » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:39 am

Thanks for sharing the music. Keep up the good work and continue sharing with us. Olin

Hans W

Post by Hans W » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:07 am

Well played again Gavin. I really love the pieces you're picking out to play. I wish I could have done that well at your age.
Keep up the good work. You have what I call talent. The rest is called practice.

Hans :bye:
Classical Guitar rules!

remmus

Post by remmus » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:00 pm

Nice playing Gavin! Thanks!

I did notice though, in Magdalena's Dance, that you are using i finger quite a bit and not alternating much with m.
I guess I am a stickler for alternating - but you sounded very good and I love seeing people your age playing so well.
Keep up the good work!

:guitare:
Last edited by remmus on Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...it is awfully easy to become content with a level below what one is actually capable of." - Carl Peter

Gavyn Chalmers

Post by Gavyn Chalmers » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:34 pm

hi its Gavyn here,

thanks for the comments.

i will be posting more videos soon when my new pieces are ready.

thanks for the advice, i will be sitting my grade 2 quite soon

bye for now :guitare:

Vesuvio

Post by Vesuvio » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Hello Gavyn,

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your Grade 2,

All the best, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

chipininit

Re: Gavyn Chalmers

Post by chipininit » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:07 pm

:bravo:

tu2cool

Re: Gavyn Chalmers

Post by tu2cool » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Very good

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”