Brian Kenny - No file

Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Forum rules
Messages that are no longer relevant because their authors or moderators have removed text or attachments.
Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Brian Kenny - No file

Post by Matthew McAllister » Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Hello everyone,

Next up to have a go at making a recording is Brian Kenny. Brian hasn't been playing classical guitar seriously for very long but is making great progress in many areas of his playing.

This is his first ever attempt at recording and he was a little nervous at first, I am delighted with the results!

I have many students of varying ages, and standard, I have added a play list to my You Tube channel specifically for my students to take to the screen and enjoy sharing with you their performances.

I hope that you will take the time to have a look and offer considered and positive encouragement to some very talented and committed individuals.

Here is the link to the complete student playlist:

http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1E5006D74E7157C9

Matthew

Vesuvio

Re: Brian Kenny

Post by Vesuvio » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello Matthew,

Congratulations to Brian! Sounds like he's making great progress under your guidance,

Best wishes, V :)

PS Has Brian joined the forum yet?
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

rayjang

Post by rayjang » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:38 pm

Matthew:

Congratulations to Brian Kenny, and the two students who played Carcassi's Etude 19. I am impressed. How long have they been playing?

Ray

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Vesuvio and Ray,

Thanks for you encouragement, it will mean lots to Brian.

All my students have been playing for a varied length of time, Brian hasn't been playing classical for that long (about a year) , he played / plays steel string guitar in a folk style for much longer.

I will suggest that he joins the forum, I think he will.

The only other student of mine playing the Etude No.19 by Carcassi at this stage is Cameron Ireland, he has been playing for about 4 years, but only studying with me for 1 year.

Matthew

rayjang

Post by rayjang » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Mathew:

I mentioned only Brian and your other two students, because someone wanted the computer and I had not had time to view every student. So, I trust no one is offended, just did not have time to look at al .

Brian's playing likely has postive carryover from his steel string experience I'm thinking. Nevertheless, a year's work on CG comes through with fluid execution. I will be so happy when I get my fingers to do the same.

Best wishes. Ray.

Matthew McAllister
Concert performers

Post by Matthew McAllister » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 am

Hi Ray,

I showed Brian your kind comments and he was very happy and surprised to have had some feedback!

Thank you again.

Best wishes,

Matthew

Wallgedy

Post by Wallgedy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 am

I know how it feels to play when someone is watching. Everything seems even harder.
But this is a wonderfully assured performance. bravo!

Tonyyyyy

Post by Tonyyyyy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:45 pm

nicely played - great tone and he is really bringing out the melody :casque:

kb9prt

Post by kb9prt » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 am

As a beginner I appreciate the chance to watch and hear another student. I hope to be able to play as well some day but i think it will take many hours of practice: as they say, " enjoy the journey, not the destination" Thank you for sharing

Fred L

Return to “Archives - link maintenance”